Our senior team members are all board-certified dermatologists. The team also includes two dermatology residents (specialists in training) and a dermatology nurse.
The team offers a high level of expertise in dealing with complex, and often severe and chronic, skin and ear diseases. Being centred in a very large, trandisciplinary hospital enables rapid access to expertise in other specialties for those cases with multiple problems. This ensures a coordinated approach to patient management and care that benefits patients, pet owners and referring vets.
Our team's other interests include:
- bacterial and fungal skin infections
- allergic skin disease
- alopecia and hair follicle diseases
- autoimmune skin and claw diseases
- disorders of keratinisation or pigmentation.
Areas of special expertise
We offer long appointments which better serve our patients and clients by:
- Enabling us to take detailed clinical history
- Perform a thorough examination of the patient
- Conduct all necessary microscopical testing
- We can project the microscopy exam onto large viewing screen in consult room so you can see exactly what is happening as it happens
- In depth discussion of investigative and treatment options so you can make an informed decision as to what is best for your pet
- We commonly perform intradermal testing as part of allergy testing in dogs and cats
- Our team has significant experience in the diagnosis and management of acute and chronic otitis externa and media. This expertise is underpinned by our ready access to the video-otoscopy and advanced imaging modalities necessary for optimal case management.
Prof Ross Bond is an internationally recognised expert in Malassezia yeast infections in dogs and cats. In 2019 he chaired the development of consensus guidelines in the diagnosis and treatment of this condition for the World Association of Veterinary Dermatology.
Dr Annette Loeffler is an recognised authority of staphylococci. She also developed consensus guidance on the treatment of multi-drug resistant infections in dogs for the World Association of Veterinary Dermatology.
Dr Anke Hendrick has published scientific papers in an array of dermatological topics including skin immunology and welfare in brachycephalic dogs.