RVC Small Animal Referrals offers the largest and most comprehensive veterinary cardiology service in Europe. Senior members of our team are all internationally recognised experts and welcome referrals from general practitioners as well as colleagues with a particular interest in cardiology.
Our team of veterinary cardiologists provides a full cardiology emergency service for dogs and cats. The department carries out advanced procedures and techniques, such as:
- Permanent pacemaker implantation
- Management of acute heart failure (including inotropic and vasomodulatory support)
- Treatment of severe arrhythmias (including synchronous DC electrical cardioversion)
We involve the wider team
Our Veterinary Cardiology Service is rapidly expanding its interventional caseload as well as actively seeking referrals for several complex treatments, which include:
- Treatment of valvular stenosis using balloon valvuloplasty
- Non-invasive management of patent ductus arteriosus using state of the art canine Amplatzer™ devices
For further information about cardiac surgery please click Cardiothoracic surgery.