The Queen Mother Hospital for Animals offers the largest and most comprehensive veterinary cardiology service in the UK. Senior members of our team are all internationally recognised experts and welcome referrals from general practitioners as well as colleagues with a particular interest in cardiology.
Our team of veterinary cardiologists provides a full cardiology emergency service for dogs and cats. The department carries out advanced procedures and techniques, such as:
- Permanent pacemaker implantation
- Management of acute heart failure (including inotropic and vasomodulatory support)
- Treatment of severe arrhythmias (including synchronous DC electrical cardioversion)
We involve the wider team
Our veterinary Cardiology Service is rapidly expanding its interventional caseload as well as actively seeking referrals for several complex treatments, which include:
- Treatment of valvular stenosis using balloon valvuloplasty
- Non-invasive management of patent ductus arteriosus using state of the art canine Amplatzer™ devices
For further information about cardiac surgery please click here.
Residencies and internships
We are a leading centre for the training of veteriary specialists. If you are a vet and would like to find out more about our opportunities for residencies and internships, please see Clinical Training.
For referring vets:
+44 (0)1707 666399 (select option 2)
+44 (0) 1707 666399 (select option 1)
Professor of Veterinary Cardiology
Associate Professor of Veterinary Cardiology
Cardiopulmonary Bypass Fellow
Staff Clinician in Cardiology