Thinking of a career in veterinary medicine or biological science?
Join us for an exciting two week summer school at The Royal Veterinary College, University of London. You will gain veterinary skills and knowledge that will be recognised by the RVC if you choose to apply.
- Earn one week of veterinary experience in our globally-recognised animal hospitals and research facilities.
- Get a taste of student life at the RVC and meet our student ambassadors and academic tutors.
- Receive world-class teaching alongside your peers.
- Explore London one of the world’s most exciting cities as well as the beauty of the English countryside.
- Challenge yourself and make friends from around the world
Applications for Summer 2019 have now closed.
Please note, this is a competitive programme with 50 places available to the strongest applicants. As well as being assessed on your academic suitability, we will also use the personal statement part of the application to help us decide who to offer places to. Successful applicants will be notified in May that they have a place.
Hear all about it from our previous Summer School participants:
Testimonials from previous participants:
“The RVC met all of my expectations and so much more. Everyone seems so happy to be part of this environment and they are excited about learning.”
“What a unique and amazing experience that I will never forget!”
“Throughout the entire summer school I felt like a real student living in London. I was respected and taught valuable information through lectures – just like a student. The lectures were fascinating.”
“Thank you for an amazing and unforgettable 2 weeks. I have thoroughly enjoyed myself and can say this has to be one of the best things I’ve done. I hope to perhaps study here in the near future.”
Possible Programme Highlights
Practise in our state of the art clinical facilities:
• The Queen Mother Hospital for Animals
• The RVC Farm at Bolton’s Park
• The Equine Referral Hospital
•• The RVC Clinical Pathology Labs
Learn more through our practical teaching sessions:
• Applied clinical case study
• Animal behaviour workshops
• Clinical skills workshops
• Structure and motion workshops
• Dissection experience
• Directed learning sessions
Enjoy and experience student life at the RVC:
• Work together in groups and deliver a group presentation
• Interact with our current students and learn more about student life
• Meet your own academic tutor
• Meet the Student Union
• Take part in a broad range of team games and events
• Discover our academic programmes, how to prepare for interviews and how best to make an application for our academic courses.
The RVC will award three individual scholarships each will include a fee waiver.
- One fee-waiver scholarship is available to a UK student that fulfils our Widening Participation criteria. Please view eligibility requirements on our website via our Gateway programme.
All successful scholars will be notified around April. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two fee-waiver scholarships are available to international students of outstanding academic merit and with a strong personal statement. There is no separate application for these scholarships. They will be awarded once all applications have been considered to the two strongest applicants.
All successful scholars will be notified at a later date. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com
College Close comprises 11 independent houses based at our Hawkshead Campus:
• Separate male and female shared accommodation.
• Each house is fully-equipped and furnished and has ample bathroom facilities and kitchen facilities.
• Each bedroom is equipped with contemporary furniture.
• Internet access is available in each house
• 24 hour security
• Utilities and bed linen is included (but not towels)
Dates and Costs
Sunday 28th July - Friday 9th August 2019
The cost of this year's Summer School (2019) is £2,370. Price includes accommodation, breakfast, lunch and evening meals, social activities listed in the programme, equipment, specialist clothing and Heathrow airport transfer (Sunday 28th and Friday 9th August).
Price does not include visa costs, airfares, travel and health insurance or transport from other UK airports.
Application Deadline: Thursday 18th April 2019 @ 5:00pm (GMT)
NB: We will be operating on a gathered field approach (the same approach we take with applications to our full time courses), this means we will not be making any offers before the application date, so we can assess all of our applications and give offers/scholarships to the strongest candidates. As such there is no benefit to applying well before the application deadline.
- You are required to have a good academic standing and be studying biology and chemistry at higher/advanced level.
- Minimum age:16 (there is no maximum age).
- If English is not your first language, you will need to provide evidence of your English language proficiency for example; 6.5 in IELTS with a minimum of 6.0 in each sub-test or Pearson Test of English overall score of at least 60. For reference of any further accepted English Language qualifications please visit our website taking note of the first column: https://www.rvc.ac.uk/study/international-students/english-language-requirements. If you are taught in an English-speaking International School, you should request a reference from your school explaining how long your education has been in English and whether your English is of a good enough quality to be able to fully participate in the programme. This should be sent along with proof of your academic qualifications or your tutor can email us directly. We may ask for further evidence of your English proficiency if we feel it is necessary.
How to Apply
Applications for Summer 2019 have now closed.
Find out more about our summer school and our academic courses by contacting us:
The Royal Veterinary College,
Royal College Street
NW1 0TU, UK
Tel: +44 (0)20 7468 5316