Pre-Vet Summer School 2022
The 2022 Summer School will be in-person.
If you have more than five qualifications that you wish to upload as part of your application then please email them, in the same format as in the application form, to email@example.com
Pre-Vet Summer School (PVSS) - Sunday 31st July - Friday 12th August 2022
Applications for the Pre-Vet Summer School 2022 are still being received - offers will be made on a first-come-first-served basis to students who meet our academic entry criteria until the final spaces have been filled.
For further information regarding programme highlights, entry requirements and costs please use the dropdowns below the video.
If you have any questions or queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Possible Programme Highlights
Pre-Vet Summer School*
Explore our state-of-the-art clinical facilities, including small animal referrals hospital, Boltons Park Farm, equine referral hospital, first opinion practice and clinical pathology labs.
Learn more through our practical teaching sessions, such as the clinical case study, animal behaviour workshops, clinical skills workshops, structure and motion workshops, and dissection experience. Enjoy and experience student life at the RVC through group projects and presentations, interact with current students to find out what student life is really like, meet academic staff, and receive valuable insight on how to prepare for interviews and how best to make an application for our courses.
Get out of the lecture theatres and labs and take part in our exciting range of social activities exploring everything London and the surrounding area has to offer. There will be team games and events, the chance to visit famous London landmarks, attend London's best attractions such as ZSL London Zoo, improve your cooking skills with our Master chef competition, and work up a sweat in our Sports and Wellbeing Centre.
*subject to change
Dates and Costs
Pre-Vet Summer School
Dates: Pre-Vet Summer School will take place between the 31st July and 12th August 2022.
Tuition Fee Costs: The cost of the Pre-Vet Summer School 2022 is £2,705 per place.
Scholarships: The RVC will award three individual scholarships covering the Tuition Fee Cost of the course
- One fee-waiver full scholarship is available to a UK student of outstanding academic merit, a strong personal statement and who falls within our Widening Participation criteria. This will be awarded to the strongest applicant, after applications have closed (to allow us to consider all applicants). NB: There is no separate application for this scholarship.
- Two fee-waiver scholarships are available to international students of outstanding academic merit and with a strong personal statement. This will be awarded to the strongest applicant, after applications have closed (to allow us to consider all applicants). NB: There is no separate application for this scholarship.
- You must be on track to achieving our required entry requirements for either our Veterinary Gateway programme [as well as being eligible for this course] OR our Veterinary Medicine (5 Year) programme OR our Graduate Accelerated Veterinary Medicine (4 Year).
- In the application form you will be asked which RVC course you are most likely to consider applying to (post Summer School) from the following: Veterinary Gateway, Veterinary Medicine (5 Year) or Graduate Accelerated Veterinary Medicine (4 Year). We will use the entry requirements from one of these pathways to assess your suitability for your selected Summer School, in person or online.
- Minimum age:16 years (there is no maximum age).
- If English is not your first language, you will need to provide evidence of your English language proficiency for example; 6.5 in IELTS with a minimum of 6.0 in each sub-test or Pearson Test of English overall score of at least 60. For reference of any further accepted English Language qualifications please visit our website taking note of the first column: English Language Requirements. If you are taught in an English-speaking International School, you should request a reference from your school explaining how long your education has been in English and whether your English is of a good enough quality to be able to fully participate in the programme. This should be sent along with proof of your academic qualifications or your tutor can email us directly. We may ask for further evidence of your English proficiency if we feel it is necessary.
- If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com
How to Apply
Please note, this is a competitive programme with around 50 places available to the strongest applicants. As well as being assessed on your academic suitability, we will also use the personal statement part of the application to help us decide who to offer places to.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about our Online Pre-Vet Summer School, the application process and/or our academic courses please get in touch:
The Royal Veterinary College,
Royal College Street
NW1 0TU, UK
Tel: +44 (0)20 7468 1257