Our Open House events are designed to allow prospective students, parents, teachers and careers advisors the chance to tour one or both campuses on the same day. Each Campus Tour will include the majority of our academic and social facilities, however, at this time we are unable to include student accommodation are/or clinical facilities. The first three time slots also feature an Introductory Welcome Talk; the talks at Camden Campus and Hawkshead Campus are identical.
We recommend visiting both campuses if you are interested in our Veterinary Medicine courses or just Hawkshead if you are considering studying for Veterinary Nursing (there is no teaching for this course in Camden). For the Biological Sciences courses, most of the teaching takes place in Camden, but the BSc Animal Behaviour, Welfare and Ethics course is based at Hawkshead for the final year. Postgraduate courses are mainly based at Camden, but many also share teaching with other establishments e.g. ZSL London and LSHTM.
- Biological Sciences Pathways: Camden Campus (The final year of Animal Biology, Behaviour, Welfare & Ethics is taught at Hawkshead)
- Veterinary Medicine Pathways: Camden & Hawkshead Campus
- Veterinary Nursing Pathways: Hawkshead Campus
Choosing Time Slots
Our priority is to protect our students, staff and guests; as such we are staggering entry times and limiting attendance to 3 people per application (one student with two accompanying guests). This will allow us to keep room capacity and population density on campus at levels which will allow us to employ all COVID-19 safety restrictions. Within the application form you will be asked to select your preferred attendance time. You have the option to visit both campuses on the day or just one.
Please note, if you plan to visit both campuses you are responsible for organising transportation , typically this would take around 1-1.5 hour. Travel via train (Kings Cross Station to Potters Bar Station and vice-versa) is highly recommended and as such we suggest selecting slots with at least a 1-1.5 hour gap due to the time taken to get from campus to campus.
COVID-19 Requirements and Protocols for Open House
This is one of the first opportunities for guests to come onto campus since the COVID-19 pandemic and as such, safety is absolute priority. Please carefully read our requirements below that all guests MUST agree with and adhere to:
• Governmental Requirements: Follow any and all UK Governmental COVID-19 regulations (which are subject to change).
• Named Individuals: The name(s) of all proposed guests must be provided within the application.
• Negative Lateral Flow or PCR test: We recommend all guests complete either a lateral flow or PCR COVID-19 test within 2 calendar days of the event date and be able to demonstrate a negative result.
• Face Covering: We recommend, unless exempt, that all visitors wear a face covering throughout the visit.
• Social Distancing: Where possible we would ask you to maintain a 1m+
• Wash Hands: Please wash hands (soap and water OR hand sanitizer) regularly; including at arrival and before departure.
• Contact: You will NOT be eligible to attend if someone you live/someone you have come into contact with has symptoms and/or tested positive for COVID-19.
All of the above COVID-19 safety measures are being adhered to by all staff and students supporting the event.
The RVC may (at its sole discretion) change the format of the event at any time, whether or not due to a Force Majeure Event, in each case without liability.
Note: These are NOT Open Days (see panels above). You will not have an opportunity to speak to RVC academic staff, however, we will have Admissions Staff on hand to answer any questions and the tours will be led by current students - so that you can hear what it is like to study on our programmes. Unfortunately we are not able to conduct individual tours, these are the only dates on which tours of either campus are available (unless you are travelling from overseas, in which case we will do our best to accommodate tour requests).
If you have any questions or would like any more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 7468 1257.