24 hour contact: 01707 666297
The RVC Equine Practice is a team of eight experienced equine vets dedicated to providing the highest quality advice and treatment to horses throughout Hertfordshire and into neighbouring counties.
We combine many years’ experience with the most up-to-date clinical methods to provide superior care for our patients at competitive costs.
The Equine Practice vets are equipped to care for your horse in their home environment, minimising inconvenience and distress to our patients. As the RVC is a leading centre of veterinary education, the practice vets are accompanied by veterinary students during visits.
Our services include:
- Routine health advice
- Equine dentistry
- Worming advice
- Lameness investigation
- Poor performance investigation
- Stud work – including artificial insemination and embryo transfer
- 2 and 5 stage prior to purchase examination
- Export certification
- Joint Measurement Board height measurements (at RVC)
Portable equipment used to support us includes:
- Advanced wireless digital x-ray machines with immediate on-site viewing
- Ultrasound machines for stud work and orthopaedic imaging
- Endoscopy for investigating respiratory conditions
- Shockwave machine for treating ligament injuries
As well as being equine vets we are all experienced in equine dentistry, having performed routine rasping and corrective work on over 30,000 horses with both manual and motorised electric dental equipment.
To book an appointment, in case of an emergency or for general enquiries, please call 01707 666297.