24 hour contact: 01707 666297
Equine Events for Horse Owners and Enthusiasts
The Royal Veterinary College Equine team, in conjunction with The British Horse Society Hertfordshire, organise a series of popular talks for all horse riders and owners. They are a great forum for discussion and advice on a variety of horse diseases and disorders.
We are delighted to announce that all remaining lectures in the 2023 series will be delivered as live lectures on site at the RVC!
If you are unable to be present on the day, or if you prefer not to attend large gatherings of people at this current time, all the lectures will continue to be available as webinars after the event.
- Who should attend?
These lectures are designed for horse owners, riders and anyone with a passion for horses.
- Where are the lectures held?
The lectures are held at The Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL9 7TA
- What time do the lectures start?
The lectures start at 7:30pm. Complimentary refreshments are available from 7:00pm
- How much do the lectures cost?
Tickets are £10 per person or buy a Season Ticket for all six lectures for £40
RVC Equine Lectures in 2023
Accessing Previous RVC Equine talks online
If you have missed any of the previous lectures and want to catch up, you can access the recordings here:
- No Foot, No Horse - Feet and Farriery
- Keeping Horses Healthy - Preventative Healthcare
- Managing Arthritis in the Horse
- Experiences from Tokyo 2020
- Equine Dentistry
- Exploring Equine Back Pain
- Don't be left out in the cold - Winter Health Care
- Equine Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation
- This Horse isn't Right - Neurological Disorders in Horses
- Through the Keyhole - Minimally Invasive Surgery
- The Heart of the Matter - Equine Cardiology
- Breeding Horses - From Conception to Weaning
- Sight for Sore Eyes - Equine Ophthalmology
- Lameness - Problems of Tendon Sheaths and Bursae
- Poor Performance
- Equine Emergencies and First Aid
- Endocrinopathic Laminitis
- Internal Parasites and Worm Control of Horses - What's New?
- Gastrointestinal Anatomy - Understanding the Horse Digestive System
- Pain in Horses - Assessment and Treatment of Pain in Horses
- Headshaking and Seizures - An Update on Two Challenging Conditions
- To Buy or Not to Buy - What to Look for when Buying a Horse
If you are having difficulty accessing the online lectures, please call 01707 666865.
British Horse Society support plus CPD accreditation
BHS Hertfordshire is delighted to announce that the RVC Equine Lecture Series is now accredited by the British Horse Society as CPD for BHS Accredited Professional Coaches. Attending three lectures counts as CPD for a year
The ticket price is set at a level which simply covers admin and operational costs. Regrettably, we are unable to provide refunds.