International students who do not have immigration permission to be in the UK will require a Student Visa in order to study at the RVC and you cannot travel to the UK and enrol without one.

Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies 

The RVC will act as your sponsor for your visa and the first step will be to provide you with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS), a digital code that you use in your visa application. We will only issue your CAS once you have met all of the conditions of your offer, including paying your deposit. We can only issue your CAS six months before the start of your course, and will likely begin the process on a rolling basis from May.

Prior to issuing your CAS we will send you an email to confirm some essential details, please ensure you respond quickly and in full.

Visa application

Closer to the time when we will begin issuing CAS numbers we will send out detailed guidance about applying for a visa.

There are financial requirements at the point of visa application, including paying the NHS surcharge. We advise you to familiarise yourself with the requirements so you understand what is needed of you. 

If you have questions about the visa application process please contact the Admissions Team.

More information on visas can also be found here.

Download a pdf of Visa Guidance here: Visa Guidance 2024

You cannot begin your visa application until you have received your CAS number, so please be patient. 

Top of page