The United Kingdom (UK) operates a points-based immigration system. If you are not a UK Citizen or a national of the Republic of Ireland and you do not already hold an immigration permission that entitles you to study in the UK you will need to apply for a visa to study at the RVC.

From 1 January 2021 this includes non-visa nationals and EEA, EU and Swiss nationals. The list of countries whose nationals will require a visa to study prior to travelling is available on the website: Check if you need a UK visa   

The Royal Veterinary College holds a licence from UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) to sponsor students under the Student route of the points-based immigration system operated in the UK. The College is a sponsor with a Track-Record of compliance and with this status we are able to sponsor Student visa applications.

If you are required to apply for a visa to study please read carefully the guidance below. You should wait until you have obtained your visa before you book any non-refundable tickets for travel.

You can also contact our dedicated student support team with visa related questions: Advice Centre

Top of page