From 1 December 2020 people entering the UK with Visitor leave (including EU/EEA and Swiss nationals from 1 January 2021) will be able to study for up to six months.

If you are studying at the RVC for less than six months, are returning to retake a short period of study or re-sit exams after your previous Student visa has expired you will be able to do so with Visitor leave.

If you are 16 years or over and studying a course equivalent to a UK degree in another country, as a Visitor you may also:

  • undertake research or be taught about research at a UK institution
  • undertake electives at a UK higher education provider, but only if studying medicine, veterinary medicine and science, or dentistry and the electives are relevant to their course of study abroad, are unpaid and do not involve the treatment of patients.

Distance Learning

Students based wholly overseas studying at the College by distance learning, on courses over six months in length, may visit the UK with Visitor leave to undertake short periods of study, to sit exams or for other course related reasons.

Entry Clearance

Non-visa nationals (including EEA, EU and Swiss nationals from 1 January 2021) are not required to apply for a Visitor leave before travelling to the UK.

Visa nationals will need to apply for Visitor leave online before travelling to the UK. Applications can be made up to three months before date of travel. You will need to prove that you have enough money to cover all reasonable costs of you visit without working or accessing public funds, including the cost of your return or onward journey.

ePassport Gates

Nationals from the following countries:

  • EU member states
  • Australia
  • Canada
  • Iceland
  • Japan
  • Liechtenstein
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Singapore
  • South Korea
  • Switzerland
  • USA

with biometric passports can use ePassport Gates to enter the UK and gain Visitor leave.

Top of page