In common with other UK Higher Education Institutions, The Royal Veterinary College charges separate tuition fees for International students and Home UK/EU students.

Unlike Home UK/EU Students, there is no mandatory funding available for International Undergraduate Students. All International Students need to ensure that they have secured sufficient funding for their fees and living costs before starting their programme.

Students from countries outside the European Union (EU) who wish to undertake full-time study at the University are required to pay the “international’ fee for their programme of study.

There are a range of funding options available to students studying in the UK from overseas. Depending on the country you are applying from, you could be eligible for loans, scholarships or bursaries from a variety of sources. Take a look at our Funding Options for International Students for further information.

It is important that overseas fees payers make provision for both fee and living costs prior to entering the UK. For further information please see the British CouncilUKCISA and NUS.

International students who enter the UK on a student visa will also need to demonstrate that they have the means to maintain themselves whilst studying. More information on visas can be found at


  • You must be enrolled to receive any of your loan disbursements. New students complete pre-enrolment online using the Registry web portal Rover, but must attend an enrolment session and provide ID to complete enrolment.Therefore, you will not have immediate access to your loan funds when you arrive in the UK - you will need to prepare for this by bringing sufficient money with you to cover your first 3-4 weeks expenses of living in London.
  • The RVC can only offer very limited support to students who are facing hardship.

Fee Status

Your fee status is determined when you first apply for your course. Your fee status determines the level of tuition fees which you are required to pay, and may determine your eligibility for certain funding support.

Take a look at our How to Determine Your Fee Status for further information.

If you think your fee status is wrong, please contact Admissions.

Living Expenses

Your living expenses will depend on your choices and although London can be expensive, there are opportunities to get the best out of London on a limited budget.

You need to ensure that you have sufficient funds for your fees and that you have enough money for accommodation, food, travel, books and other living expenses.

See RVC budgeting page for top student budgeting tips to help you prepare with the cost of university. Page includes links to living and course costs flip book and budget planner to get your budget in order. 

Other very useful highly recommended website is STUDY IN UK containing information and advice on budgeting for international students who want to study in the UK.

USA Student Loans

The Royal Veterinary College is taking part in the William Ford Direct Loans Program since June 2010. This replaced the Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) program, through which RVC students from the United States previously obtained loans.

For information on financial aid available to students from the United States of America, please see USA Student Loans 


Top of page