- There are no short cuts to loan origination: all students must complete the steps listed in How to Apply.
- The steps you will need to take are quick and easy but the RVC will not know if you have completed all the processes for all the loans you intend to borrow unless you tell us. Also, the RVC will not know how much you wish to borrow until you tell us.
- We understand you are advised that RVC have access to your loan documents directly from FAFSA. However Federal Student Aid has classified RVC as a foreign school and therefore will not have access to download your documents from FAFSA!
- We want to be sure that you have completed everything you have to do before we start to process your loan application because if the School starts origination of loans (process your loan application) and your loan application is incomplete or information is missing then your loan origination will fail and this will delay your access to federal financial assistance.
- The RVC online loan application process (Rover) will enable you to upload your documents and track the progress of your loan application. You will be able to see what remains to be submitted, and what the status is of your loan.
- You can begin the process of preparing your FAFSA application here www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Please do not submit documents by email unless specifically instructed.
The first batch of RVC network accounts have been requested for U.S. students with confirmed places (and deposits paid) starting in September 2019. When our IT department have set them up, we will set up Rover accounts and email login details for these students.
This has commenced.
Emails to FinancialAidOffice@rvc.ac.uk
Please do not send supporting documents for your loan application to this email address unless specifically asked to do so. You must submit these via the ‘Apply for US Direct Loan’ option. Ignoring this advice and sending them 'just in case' will only prevent us responding to genuine queries.
Guide to FAFSA
Take the time to read our Guide to FAFSA carefully before you start your application.
Federal Student Aid Resources
You can view and download resources from the office of Federal Student Aid.
The office of Federal Student Aid provides publications, online tools, and other resources to help you prepare and pay for college, applying for aid, and more. Below are samples of useful tools and link to “StudentAid” official website.
Budget Calculator; Prepare a budget
Financial Aid Process Video; Video
Going to college in another country StudentAid.gov/international
Financial Aid for Graduate and Professional Degree StudentsAid.gov
For the full website data please see http://studentaid.ed.gov/resources
U.S. Federal Loans from RVC - What You Need to Know
Take the time to read our U.S. Federal Loans from RVC guide carefully before you start your application.
Loan Applications for 2019/2020
You will be able to submit all the required documentation by uploading them using the online application process, and will be able to track the progress of your application.
If you are a new student joining us in September and haven't been issued with a Rover login yet read When will I get access to Rover so I can apply?
Points to note before you apply for your loan
- Do not begin the application process for 2019/20 before 1st May 2019, this is because some of your loan documents are only valid for 180 days, and we are not able to begin originating loans until July.
- New students joining the college in September 2019 will receive their login details by the beginning of July, provided they have received and accepted an unconditional offer and have paid their deposit.
- Continuing students should apply by August. We will prioritise the processing of applications for new students.
- Loan applications are typically completed by the student and processed (i.e. award confirmed) in three to four weeks
- Continuing students with a re-sit in September should not commence the application process until July. We are not able to begin originating loans until your result is known in September.
All students must complete the steps listed in How to Apply.
Please see link