Here at RVC Beaumont Sainsbury Animal Hospital, our team includes vets and vet nurses with a special interest and additional qualifications in the treatment of exotic pets and small mammals.
Our London-based exotic pet vet service is one of a kind. Our highly qualified and experienced staff are best placed to give exceptional care to these species and our specialist facilities are designed to cater for the specific needs of these pets too.
We treat a wide variety of animals including:
- Small mammals, such as: ferrets, guinea pigs, chinchillas, degus, hamsters, gerbils, rats, mice, hedgehogs, sugar gliders and meerkats
- Reptiles: such as snakes, lizards (e.g. geckos, skinks, chameleons), tortoises, turtles and terrapins
- Birds: such as parrots, cockatiels, budgies, canaries, chickens and ducks
- Fish and amphibians
- 40-minute vet consults for our newly registered pets so we can discuss your pets specific needs including diet and environment
- 20 minute exotic nurse consults to help keep your pet healthy, including weight clinics, training and behaviour advice, beak and nail trims
- A separate waiting area away from cats and dogs
- Routine healthcare such as neutering, vaccinations, parasite checks
- Pet dentistry expertise
- Emergency exotic healthcare including surgery
- Access to specialist diagnostic services such as diagnostic imaging and species-specific blood testing
- Dedicated exotic pet recovery wards where prey and predators are kept separately
- Specialist bespoke equipment to support species-specific requirements such as intensive care incubators
Are you an exotic pet owner who would like to register your pet at our RVC Exotic vet service in Camden, London?
All you need to do is call us on 020 7387 8134 and inform the receptionist that you would like to become a client and would like to register your animal.
In addition to helping pet owners, we also offer an Exotic pet and Small Mammal Referral Service handling more complex cases from other vet practices.
Are you a vet who wants to register an animal with our First Opinion or Referral Service?
Meet the team