24 hour contact: 020 7387 8134
Here at RVC Beaumont Sainsbury Animal Hospital, our team includes vets and vet nurses with a special interest in the treatment of exotic and small mammal pets.
Our London-based exotic pet vet service is one of a kind. Our highly qualified and experienced staff are best placed to give exceptional care to these species and our specialist facilities are designed to cater for the specific needs of these pets too.
We treat a wide variety of animals including:
- Rodents: rats and mice
- Other small mammals, such as gerbils, guinea pigs, hamsters, ferrets, chinchillas, degus, sugar gliders and meerkats
- Reptiles: such as snakes, lizards, geckos, skinks, chameleons, tortoises, turtles and terrapins
- Birds: such as parrots, cockatiels, budgies, canaries, chickens and ducks
- Fish and amphibians
Please note that we do not treat wild animals here.
- 40-minute consults to our newly registered pets so we can discuss your pets specific needs including diet and environment
- A separate waiting area away from cats and dogs
- Routine healthcare such as neutering, vaccinations, parasite checks
- Pet dentistry expertise
- Emergency exotic healthcare including surgery
- Access to specialist diagnostic services such as diagnostic imaging and species-specific blood testing
- Dedicated exotic pet recovery wards where prey and predators are kept separately
- Specialist bespoke equipment to support species-specific requirements such as intensive care incubators
In addition to helping pet owners, we also offer an Exotics and Small Mammal Referral Service handling more complex cases from other vet practices.
Are you a vet who wants to register an animal with our First Opinion or Referral Service?
Meet the team