All-in-one printer/scanner/copiers have been installed for student use in common and Open Access areas at Camden and Hawkshead.
These printers make it more convenient and less expensive for students to print, copy, and add printer credit to their accounts. Other features include:
- printing from your own device;
- printer credit stored on your RVC ID card;
- cost savings, and increased savings on double sided printing;
- £10 credit to start the year for every student; additional printing credit can be purchased at the library desk at Camden or Hawkshead.
More detailed printing instructions are available below.
Printing from RVC computers
To print from an RVC campus computer:
- Print the document from the file menu. When the print dialogue window opens, make sure the printer destination is set to the appropriate printer:
- Camden_B&W_MFD or Camden_Colour_MFD for Camden;
- Hawkshead_B&W_MFD or Hawkshead_Colour_MFD for Hawkshead.
- Click OK to print, go to any printer and swipe your RVC ID card on the reader next to the control panel to log in.
- When your name appears on the main menu, tap ‘Pull Print’ to display your queue of print jobs. Select a specific job in the list to print it, or select ‘Print All’ to release all pending jobs.
- Swipe your card again to conclude your session.
To print from your own laptop or mobile device, send an email to email@example.com with the document you wish to print as an attachment. You must use your RVC email account to send your documents to the printer. Once you have sent a document to the printer, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to register your email address with the printing system. You will only have to do this once to use the mobile printing service in the future:
Once you have registered with the mobile printing system, your job will be available for print at any printing station.
Please note there are no driver options available to alter your print job before submission, so please ensure the print area of your document has been suitably set before submitting your job to prevent wasted pages being printed.
After you have sent a document to the print queue at Camden or Hawkshead can print it from any printer in the building.
Printers and multi-function printer/copier/scanners are located throughout the Camden and Hawkshead campuses:
|F24 mezzanine (2)||Hobday|
|Student Common Room||Hobday|
Copying and scanning
To make a copy of a document, swipe your card on the card reader. From the main menu on the printer screen, select Copy, place your document in the document tray or atop the scanner window, and follow the directions to make your copies. The price for copying is the same as printing.
To scan a document, swipe your card and select Email from the main menu on the printer screen. Because you have used your RVC card to sign in, the email will be addressed to your RVC email automatically. Place the document you wish to scan in the document tray or atop the scanner window, and select the option to Send Email that is at the top of the screen to send the scanned document as an attachment. Sending a scanned copy of a document to yourself is not subject to any costs.
Printing Acceptable Use Policy
All printing and copying done by RVC students and staff is bound by the College's Printing Acceptable Use Policy.