The Information Services Directorate (ISD) promotes and supports the effective use and development of information technology (IT) throughout the RVC.
The division strives to ensure that IT is used in an appropriate manner in order to:
- assist in the efficient and cost effective running of the institution
- improve the quality of education and research
- enhance the reputation of the college
- identify opportunities to use IT to improve the quality and cost effectiveness of teaching and research
- develop users' skills in the operation of software and systems, through the provision of training and advice
Where to find us
IT Helpdesk, Library and AV staff are centrally based in the Learning Resources Centres at each campus:
- Camden LRC - Hobday Building (1st floor)
- Hawkshead LRC - Eclipse Building (2nd floor).
Regular 'Laptop Clinics' are also held within the Learning Centres to assist students configure their personal equipment for the RVC's network and email system.
Contacting the Helpdesk
- email: email@example.com
- tel: 020 7468 5181
Helpdesk hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm (AV and telephone support from 8.00 am)
The Helpdesk also operates an Out of Hours service which can be telephoned for IT advice and assistance during evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays – please contact the Helpdesk for further details:
Out of hours: Mon - Fri 5.00pm to 8.00am and 24hr/day at weekends & Bank Holidays.
'Open Access' computer availability
Open Access computing rooms are also available to students when the Libraries are closed providing 24 hour access to IT facilities (access to the computer rooms can be made by swiping a valid ID card at the entrances).
A number of IT services can be securely accessed remotely by students and staff including:
- Email via RVC webmail
- Infrastructure Services Directorate (ISD) 'IT portal'
- RVC Learn
(NB. All online services require username and password authentication)
IT Policy Documents
See IT Policies and Regulations for documentation related to the use of IT resources (RVC computers, internet, telephones, printers. etc.) by RVC students and staff.