Offered by the US- UK Educational Commission (Fulbright Commission).

To be eligible, applicants must

  • Be a US citizen
  • Not currently reside in the UK
  • Hold or expect to attain a bachelor's degree or equivalent professional training/experience in a relevant field before departure to the UK
  • Dual US-UK citizens are eligible to apply.  

The Fulbright Royal Veterinary College Award covers the first year of any master's or doctoral degree programme offered by the university.

  • Prior to submitting an application, applicants should carefully review the information that is available on the Fulbright Commission’s website
  • Applications and the closing date are available online by the Institute of International Education (IIE) at
  • Applicants who need guidance may also contact the Fulbright Commission by email to

Things to know

  • Graduate study is often known as postgraduate study in the UK
  • Master's degrees are one-year programmes (full-time)
  • Doctoral degrees are three-year research programmes (full-time) with no taught component 

Top of page