Where are the courses held?
All Modules E1&L, PIL A, B, & C Courses take place online, over Microsoft Teams.
- Our courses are expertly taught online with a tutor.
- The handling, suturing and minor procedure modules (practical’s) are held in person at the Royal Veterinary College, or at your own institution by request.
- Self-study course are available to start at any time.
- Access the RVC Academy platform where the course materials are kept, is sent to the student two weeks prior to the start of the course
E1&L is self study with bitesize videos, online refresher quizzes and materials to download and keep.
- All Large Animal PIL A&B Modular Courses take place online, Live with a tutor. The handling taking place at Bolton’s park farm. The Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshead Lane, Hatfield, AL9 7TA
What are the times of the Courses?
- The E1&L Course exam is in the morning of Day1 (10am – 11:00am) pre-study required
- The PIL A Course is in the afternoon of Day1 (11:30am – 4pm)
- The PIL B Course is a full day on Day 2 (10am-3pm)
- The PIL C Course is a full day on Day 3 (10am- 5pm)
- The PPL Course is 2 days: (10am- 4:30pm) on both days
- The PIL A& B Large Animal Course is one full day, (10am- 4pm) online
All timings are approximate and allow time for lunch and regular screen breaks
- Assessor’s Training Course is 2 full days (9.30am-4.30pm) plus a one-hour Practical Assessment session on Day 3. This course is NOT online
Do I have to print out the Course material?
- We would prefer if you didn’t print, however, the materials can be found on the Course Moodle; Academy, you can download them from there to keep.
Do I have to sit an Assessment?
- Yes, an invigilated online assessment is scheduled at the end of the day for all modules.
- PPL holder training there are two assessments: online exam and a homework assignment written review (parts 1&2) email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- E1&L -only delegates, there is an invigilated online assessment, which takes approx. 45 minutes, from 10:15am – 11:00am on Monday morning. We may occasionally move the exam time to 9am.
- PIL C delegates, there is a 45-minute invigilated online assessment, from 3:45pm-4:30pm on the day
- Assessor’s Training Course, there is a one-hour Practical Assessment session on Day 3
When do I find out the results, and what if I fall short of the pass mark the assessment?
- You will find out your grade as you hit ‘finish review’ on your test page.
- If you fall below the 70% passing grade, a re-sit will be organised at a mutually agreed time/day with the tutor. They will go through the course material with you to clarify any queries, and you will have an opportunity to re-sit the test.
Who issues my Certificate and when will I receive it? What if I need the Certificate urgently for my Licence application?
- The RVC Home Office Licence Modular courses are accredited by the Society of Biology, who issue the Certificate following successful completion of both, theory and practical assessment.
Certificates are issued and sent to you within 2-3 weeks of completing the Module Course. If you require this sooner, the RVC can issue an ‘Awaiting Certificate’ letter, free of charge, that is acceptable to the Home Office for Licence application purposes.
- The certificate will be sent via email to yourself and your NTCO On successful completion of the Assessor’s Training course, you will be awarded “Accredited Assessor” status by the RVC and, if you wish, your name will be held on a register of trained and Accredited Assessors who are qualified to assess Licensees within the EU.
On successful completion of the Assessor’s Training course, you will be awarded “Accredited Assessor” status by the RVC and, if you wish, your name will be held on a register of trained and Accredited Assessors who are qualified to assess Licensees within the EU.
Is lunch and refreshments provided? (answer for in-person courses)
- Tea and coffee will be served during the morning and afternoon breaks. Lunch will be provided, the College Refectory. a voucher will be given to you one day 1
- Please let the course administrator know if you have any allergies – food or pet dander What if I am ill, and unable to attend on the day of the Course? What do I do, and will I still be charged?
- If you are ill on the day, please call. 0739 456 3265 asap, so that the lecturer can be informed. We will endeavour to book you on the next available course
- Please note that our cancellation policy is: cancellation within 5 days of the course start date will incur the full fee, and cancellation within 2 weeks of the course start date will incur a half fee payment. However, if you are absent due to illness and re-book on the next course, you will not be charged any penalty.
For anything else please contact email@example.com