Thank you for taking part in the RVC Animal Care Trust Online Pet Show 2021!. The competition has now finished, and we look forward to coming back in 2022 with a bigger and better Pet Show.
The ACT Online Pet Show 2021 runs between 19th April and 21st May as we celebrate National Pet Month. There will be four categories to enter as well as a Best in Show award. All animals are welcome - large or small, with fur or scales, warm blood or cold blood!
It has been a challenging period with our in-person events unable to take place, and we hope that our Online Pet Show gave you some fun, friendly competition to enjoy whilst we return to some semblance of normality. If you took part or enjoyed the Online Pet Show, donations are very warmly and gratefully received.
|Donate and support the Online Pet Show
How to take part
1. Categories open every Monday starting on 19th April for four weeks. Enter your photo or video on our Facebook page (by adding a comment under the category announcement post) or by sending us an email
2. Category entries are open from Monday to Wednesday at 23:59 (entries after this time will not be accepted!)
3. The ACT team will shortlist our favourite four entries for each category
4. The Category shortlist will be put to a public vote on Facebook each Friday until Sunday. Make sure to share with your friends and family to get as many votes as possible!
5. Category winners will be announced on Sunday evening. Best in Show will be awarded in the final week
Best in Show
Winner will receive a beautiful Online Pet Show dog sculpture, a £50 Amazon voucher and a framed picture of their winning entry. Best in Show will be announced on 21st May.
Winner of Categories 1 - 3
Winner will receive a framed picture of their winning entry. Category winners will be announced following each category opening (25th April, 3rd May and 9th May).
Winner of Category 4
Winner will receive a £20 Amazon voucher. Category winner will be announced on Sunday 16th May.
This year, the ACT team will be shortlisting our favourite entries and then opening up a public vote to select the winner for each category. The voting will be conducted on Facebook, and the shortlist will consist of four entries.
"We will be looking for happy, confident and warm pets that have a great connection with each other or with their owners. We cannot wait to see your entries again this year and we expect to have a very difficult time shortlisting the entries for each category" - Amy Billington, Fundraising Manager
Terms and conditions
1. The promoter of this prize draw is the RVC Animal Care Trust, registered charity number 281571, of Royal Veterinary College Animal Care Trust, Hawkshead Lane, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL9 7TA (“the Charity”).
2. The online pet show is open to all supporters of the RVC Animal Care Trust. Participants must be aged 18 or over, be a UK resident and currently living in the UK, and must follow the RVC Animal Care Trust on Facebook.
3. The online pet show is free to enter but if anyone feels able to donate and support our animal hospitals during this time, please simply click on the donate button on this page. Thank you for your support.
4. Entries can also be emailed to us at email@example.com. Please put the Category you wish to enter in the email subject and attach your photo or video entry.
5. An album of entries may be published on the Charity’s Facebook page during or after the pet show. By entering through Facebook or by email, you are consenting to us using your photo in this manner, and in all other promotion around this and future pet shows conducted by the Charity.
6. The online pet show begins on Monday 19th April 2021 and each category can be entered between Monday and Wednesday. Entries will be shortlisted by the ACT team and Category winners will be voted on through the ACT Facebook page. Best in Show award will be announced on 21st May 2021.
7. There will be one winner for each of the four Categories and one Best in Show.
8. The winners will be notified by Facebook messenger or email. If a winner does not respond to the Charity within 7 days of being notified by the Charity, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited.
9. The decision of the Charity regarding any aspect of the online pet show is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
10. The winner's name and photo will be announced on the Charity website (www.rvc.ac.uk) and Facebook page (www.facebook.com/rvcact) within 7 days after the closing date of the online pet show.
11. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Charity reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prizes to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
12. The Charity reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
13. Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the online pet show which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media. Winners will be contacted with a separate consent form which will need to be signed to receive the prize.
14. Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of prizes.
15. The online pet show will be governed by English law and entrants to the online pet show submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.