To apply for the one of the disciplines in the Production Animal programme you must meet the following requirements:
- Member(or eligible for membership) of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons RCVS.
- Confirm you have the right to study in the UK.
- Non-EU citizens are welcome to apply for any Residency. We are keen to find the best candidates regardless of their nationality and currently have several non-EU Residents. Funding models for these posts are weighted towards EU citizens, so when candidates are equal, Residencies will be offered to EU citizens.
- Twelve months experience as a qualified veterinarian (desirable).
For up-to-date information on post-brexit arrangements for students please see: RVC Visas and Immigration.
How do I apply?
To apply please complete our online application form: NOW CLOSED
Only online application forms submitted through our system will be considered.
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS IN UPLOADING YOUR DOCUMENTS THROUGH OUR ON LINE APPLICATION SYSTEM, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION WITHOUT THE DOCUMENTS AND FORWARD YOUR DOCUMENTS TO firstname.lastname@example.org WITH A COVERING EMAIL STATING THE NAME OF THE RESIDENCY/INTERNSHIP AND CONFIRMING YOU HAVE SUBMITTED YOUR APPLICATION. THIIS IS DUE TO OLD BROWSER VERSIONS, SOME MOBILE PHONES AND IPADS MAY NOT BE COMPATIBLE WITH OUR ON LINE APPLICATION SYSTEM. TRYING A COMPUTER MAY BE SUCCESSFUL.
Please indicate in your Personal Statement section which residency you are applying for:
If you would like to be considered for both, please indicate in the Personal Statement section. Please note that interviews for each residency are likely to be on different dates at the residency location. We will be able to offer European College of Bovine Health Management diploma training for both residencies.
Please apply using your personal email address, college/university email addresses will not be accepted.
There are a number of documents which you will need to upload to your application form. Before you begin filling in the form you should have the following information to hand:
- Your CV.
- A personal statement explaining why you would like to undertake the specialisation you are applying for. Please see essential attributes for the discipline you are interested in.
- A transcript of your degree(s) - this must be a certified translation if the original was not issued in English.
- 2 references. These can either be uploaded directly to the form, or their contact details entered, which will automatically send an email to your referees requesting them to submit a reference. Please see further guidance on references. If we don’t receive your references by the closing date, your application may not be processed.
- A certified copy of your IELTS test if applicable (see below).
What if English is not my first language?
You must be able to communicate clearly in English, both verbally and in writing.
If English is not your first language you must take an IELTS-Academic (or equivalent) test. You need to achieve an overall score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each sub-test. The test result must have been obtained within 2 years of the start-date of the course.
It is advisable that applicants arrange to take the IELTS exam as soon as possible due to limited availability.
Applicants that do not satisfy our criteria will not be considered for shortlisting.
Foreign language applicants are encouraged to practice as a veterinary surgeon in the UK for at least one year prior to application.
Admissions Policy & Procedures
Further information on the recruitment procedure can be found here.
Closing date: Sunday, 5th January 2020
- The Torch residency will be held on 3rd March 2020 at Torch Farm Vets in Devon
- The Synergy/RVC-SE residency will be held on 20th February 2020 at Synergy Farm Health in Dorset
Please note the College is closed from 5 pm on Tuesday, 24th December 2019 and re-opens on Thursday, 2nd January 2020