Please ensure that your English qualification meets our requirements in time for applying.
To apply you must meet the following requirements:
- Member (or eligible for membership) of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons RCVS.
- Confirm you have the right to study in the UK.
- Non-UK/EU citizens are welcome to apply for any Residency. We are keen to find the best candidates regardless of their nationality and currently have several non-UK/EU Residencies. Funding models for these posts are weighted towards UK/EU citizens, so when candidates are equal, Residencies will be offered to UK/EU citizens.
- Twelve months experience as a qualified veterinarian (desirable)
For up-to-date information on post-brexit arrangements for students please see: RVC Visas and Immigration.
How do I apply?
To apply please complete our online application form: NOW CLOSED
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS IN UPLOADING YOUR DOCUMENTS THROUGH OUR ON LINE APPLICATION SYSTEM, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION WITHOUT THE DOCUMENTS AND FORWARD YOUR DOCUMENTS TO email@example.com WITH A COVERING EMAIL STATING THE NAME OF THE RESIDENCY/INTERNSHIP AND CONFIRMING YOU HAVE SUBMITTED YOUR APPLICATION. THIIS IS DUE TO OLD BROWSER VERSIONS, SOME MOBILE PHONES AND IPADS MAY NOT BE COMPATIBLE WITH OUR ON LINE APPLICATION SYSTEM. TRYING A COMPUTER MAY BE SUCCESSFUL.
Only online application forms submitted through our system will be considered.
Please apply using your personal email address, college/university email addresses will not be accepted.
A list of specialisations will appear on the application, please ensure you select the correct discipline that you are applying for.
There are a number of documents which you will need to upload to your application form. Before you begin filling in the form you should have the following information to hand:
- Your CV.
- A personal statement explaining why you would like to undertake the specialisation you are applying for. Please see essential attributes to join the programme.
- A transcript of your degree(s) - this must be a certified translation if the original was not issued in English.
- 2 references. These can either be uploaded directly to the form, or their contact details entered, which will automatically send an email to your referees requesting them to submit a reference. Please see Guidance on references. If we don’t receive your references by the closing date, your application may not be processed.
- A certified copy of your IELTS test if applicable (see below).
What if English is not my first language?
You must be able to communicate clearly in English, both verbally and in writing.
If English is not your first language, you must be able to communicate clearly in English, both verbally and in writing. You must take an IELTS (Academic) test (or equivalent). For the Residency programme you must attain 7 in IELTS (Academic) with no element below 6.5. A certified copy of your test result must be submitted with your application. The test result must have been obtained within 2 years of the start date of the course. Applications that do not satisfy these criteria will not be considered for shortlisting.
It is advisable that applicants arrange to take the IELTS exam as soon as possible due to limited availability.
Applicants that do not satisfy our criteria will not be considered for shortlisting.
Foreign language applicants are encouraged to practice as a veterinary surgeon in the UK for at least one year prior to application.
Admissions Policy & Procedures
Further information on the recruitment procedure can be found here
Closing date: Sunday, 5th January 2020
Interview dates: Equine Surgery: Monday, 10th February 2020
Equine Medicine: Wednesday, 19th February 2020
Large Animal Diagnostic Imaging: Monday, 24th February 2020
Please note the College is closed from 5 pm on Tuesday, 24th December 2019 and re-opens on Thursday, 2nd January 2020