Please ensure that your English qualification meets our requirements in time for applying.
To apply you must meet the following requirements:
- Member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (or eligible) RCVS.
- Confirm you have the right to study in the UK.
- Non-UK/EU citizens are welcome to apply for any Internship. We are keen to find the best candidates regardless of their nationality and currently have several non-UK/EU Interns. Funding models for these posts are weighted towards EU and UK citizens, so when candidates are equal, Internships will be offered to EU or UK citizens.
- Twelve months experience as a qualified veterinarian (desirable).
For up-to-date information on post-brexit arrangements for students please see: RVC Visas and Immigration.
How do I apply?
Applications are now closed
- Only online application forms submitted through our system will be considered.
- Please apply using your personal email address, college/university email addresses will not be accepted.
If you are experiencing problems in uploading your documents through our on line application system, please submit your application without the documents and forward your documents to email@example.com with a covering email stating the name of the residency/internship and confirming you have submitted your application. This may be due to old browser versions, some mobile phones and ipads that are not compatible with our on line application system. Trying a computer may be successful.
There are a number of documents which you will need to upload to your application form. Before you begin filling in the form you should have the following information to hand: ·
- Your CV.
- A personal statement explaining why you would like to undertake the specialisation you are applying for. Please see essential attributes to join the programme.
- A transcript of your degree(s) - this must be a certified translation if the original was not issued in English.
- 2 references. These can either be uploaded directly to the form, or their contact details entered, which will automatically send an email to your referees requesting them to submit a reference. Please see Further guidance on references. If we don’t receive your references by the closing date, your application may not be processed.
- A certified copy of your IELTS test if applicable (see below).
What if English is not my first language?
You must be able to communicate clearly in English, both verbally and in writing. If English is not your first language you must take an IELTS (Academic) test (or equivalent). We require 7.5 in IELTS (Academic) with no element below 7. A certified copy of your IELTS test result should be submitted with your application. The test result must have been obtained with 2 years of the start date of the course.
It is advisable that applicants arrange to take the IELTS exam as soon as possible due to limited availability.
Applications that do not satisfy these criteria will not be considered for shortlisting.
Foreign language applicants are encouraged to practice as a veterinary surgeon in the UK for at least one year prior to application.
Admissions Policy & Procedures
Further information on the recruitment procedure can be found here.
Closing date: Thursday, 26th November 2020
Interview dates: 25th & 26th January 2021
Interviews will be held in a virtual format.