The RVC has a team of independent on-farm advisors who can deliver a variety of services tailored to the client and situation.
These services can be delivered anywhere in the World out of centres based in Dorset, Carmarthenshire or Hertfordshire, UK.
The RVC can combine areas of active research with experienced farms vets to deliver cutting-edge ideas fit for modern farm animal production systems.
Areas of current activity include:
- Farmer group and individual producer training on skills or implementation of best-practice
- Foot care courses and lameness troubleshooting
- Field school (stable school) facilitated meetings
- Cow comfort trouble shooting
- DairyCo mastitis control plan delivery
- BVD eradication and control (national, regional and farm level)
- Johne’s control programmes
- Housing design or troubleshooting
- Responsible antimicrobial use and audits
- Organic Farming
- Disease costing
- Field trials
- Impartial advice to Government and RDPE funded schemes
- Investigations of disease problems
- Health data analysis, reporting and database management
- Regular herd health reports
- Expert witness
For further information please contact:
- Dr Richard Booth, (Head of the Farm Animal Health and Production group)
- Dr Steven Van Winden (Senior Lecturer in Production Animal Medicine)
- John Fishwick (Senior Lecturer in Dairy Herd Medicine)
- Dr Neil Paton (Welsh Regional Veterinary Centre)
- Peter Plate (Lecturer in Livestock Veterinary Extension Services).