To apply for one of these residencies you must meet the following requirements:
You must be eligible for Membership of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS), this includes meeting the English language requirements. You must organise and pay for this yourself. Applicants must be an MRCVS by the date the residency starts, and ideally by the date of application and interview.
Important: Candidates who already hold an MSc, PhD or other higher degree are not eligible for these two residencies.
You will also need to:
- Hold a veterinary degree which is registrable by the RCVS and provide certificate and transcripts
- Confirm you have the right to study in the UK
- Have graduated from a European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education (EAEVA) - approved veterinary school
- Confirm how you meet the English language requirements, and if applicable submit your English language test results
How do I apply?
Zoo Health Management Residencies 2022
Please follow this link to apply with us online: Zoo Health Management Application Form
Closing date Sunday 21st November 2021
Wildlife Population Health 2022
We are not recruiting new WPH residents this year. Please check back in the future for possible opportunities.
- Only online application forms submitted through our system will be considered.
- Please apply using your personal email address. You will not be able to use your RVC email address to apply.
- A list of specialisations will appear on the application, please ensure you select the discipline that you are applying for.
There are a number of documents which you will need to upload to your application form. Before you begin filling in the form you should have the following information to hand:
- Your CV.
- A personal statement explaining why you would like to undertake the specialisation you are applying for. Please see essential attributes to join the programme.
- A transcript of your degree(s) - this must be a certified translation if the original was not issued in English.
- 2 references. These can either be uploaded directly to the form, or their contact details entered, which will automatically send an email to your referees requesting them to submit a reference. Please see Guidance on references. If we don’t receive your references by the closing date, your application may not be processed.
- A certified copy of your IELTS test if applicable (see below).
English Language Qualification
You must be able to communicate clearly in English, both verbally and in writing. If you are not exempt from proving your English language proficiency, you must take an IELTS (Academic) test (or equivalent).
We require an overall score of 7 in IELTS (Academic) with no element below 6.5 (please note the required English scores for the coming year are currently under review and could be higher). A certified copy of your IELTS test result should be submitted with your application. The test result must have been obtained within 2 years of the start date of the course. Applications that do not satisfy these criteria will not be considered for shortlisting.
Foreign language applicants are encouraged to practice as a veterinary surgeon in the UK for at least one year prior to application.
Admissions Policy & Procedures
Further information on the recruitment procedure can be found here.