Frequently Asked Questions
Who can attend RVC CPD courses?
Our courses cater for veterinarians and veterinary nurses. We also run the administration for the Equine Referral Hospital's horse owners lectures. Courses on our website are classified in categories for your convenience.
How do I book?
The easiest and fastest way to book one of our courses is online. Click to see courses for veterinarians and for veterinary nurses.
Alternatively you can fill in a registration form (downloadable below) and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Onsite registration form
Online registration form
Nurse registration form
You may also call us on +44(0)1707 666865 and we can complete a registration form with you and take credit/debit card payment over the phone. For a quicker way to register and pay, and to get access to online courses easier, please book online: www.rvc.ac.uk/cpd.
Can I provisionally hold a place before confirming attendance?
- Yes - you may provisionally book a place on most courses (exclusions apply*) up to two weeks prior to the course start date (bookings made within two weeks of the course start date must be paid for in full at the time of booking).
- * Due to the popularity of the following courses we can only hold a space for two weeks before payment is required:
- All onsite abdominal scanning and echocardiography courses
- Practical endoscopy
- Local anaesthetic techniques
- Abdominal surgery - the essentials
- Canine and feline dentistry
- Provisional bookings are not confirmed until full payment is received.
- If the course is approaching full capacity we will make every effort to contact you to confirm your registration and may ask for payment in full at that time if you wish to guarantee your place on the course.
When should I confirm my place?
You will be asked to confirm your place at least two weeks before the course unless the course is approaching full capacity before this time. We make every effort to contact you to confirm your place, however if we do not hear back we reserve the right to cancel the provisional booking. If you know that you no longer require a provisional place please contact the CPD Unit as soon as possible to release your provisional booking.
Are the course numbers limited?
Many of our courses have limited numbers, particularly those with practical sessions and our e-CPD (online) courses. Therefore to avoid disappointment, particularly if booking within one month of the course start date, please check course availability by contacting us (+44(0)1707666865, email@example.com). Every effort is made to update the RVC website when a course is sold out.
Should I reserve a place first?
You may reserve a place first to avoid disappointment should the course become sold out due to limited numbers accepted (see ‘Can I provisionally hold a place before confirming attendance?’ As above).
When is the latest I can register for a course?
Registration for a CPD course can be made up until the course start date subject to course availability. However, registrations made within two weeks of a course start date must be paid for in full at the time of booking (debit/credit or bank transfer only). If you do wish to register within 2 weeks of the course start date please contact us (+44(0)1707 666865, firstname.lastname@example.org) to ascertain course availability.
How can I pay for the CPD course?
We can accept payment in a variety of ways;
- Book online – you can book all our CPD courses online. With recorded webinars and recorded Webinar Plus book online to receive instant access!
- Cheque – due to the current pandemic we are not accepting cheques. Please either book online or call us on +44 1707 666865 to discuss payment options.
- Credit/Debit card – please complete details on the registration form, scan and send the form to email@example.com. For a quicker way to register and pay, and to get access to online courses easier, please book online: www.rvc.ac.uk/cpd. Most credit and debit cards are accepted (please note we are unable to accept American Express).
- Bank Transfer - Details of our bank account will be given on request along with an invoice when your completed registration form is received. We can invoice your practice provided that the start date for the course is at least 8 weeks from the time of booking and we are given full contact details for the practice manager.
- Call us on +44(0)1707 666865 and we can complete a registration form with you and take credit/debit card payment or details to invoice over the phone.
Do I have to pay in full at the time of booking?
Places on courses can be provisionally booked without payment. Payment in full is expected by two weeks prior to the course, unless other arrangements have been made with the CPD Unit in exceptional circumstances. Bookings remain provisional until full payment is received.
When is the latest I can pay?
- For UK Residents full payment is required two weeks before a course start date (payment is expected four weeks from the issue of any invoice).
- For European and International residents payment must be received with the completed registration form at the time of booking.
- You may apply for a place on a CPD course at any time before the start date if places are still available. However, payment must be received in full at the time of booking if registration is within 2 weeks of the course start date. We would strongly advise that if you are contemplating making a booking within two weeks of the start date you contact the CPD unit (+44(0)1707 666865 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to ascertain if places are still available on the course.
Are any discounts available?
RVC Alumni receive a 20% discount off most live courses and discounts are available for RVC CertAVP candidates - call us to check what you may be entitled to.
Can a Registered Charity get a discount?
Discounts are not available to charities.
Do I have to pay VAT?
RVC CPD courses are VAT Exempt.
Can I pay on the day?
No, full payment must be received before the start date of the course.
Can I pay part of the course fee now and part later?
Payment is expected in full unless specific arrangements have been made with the CPD Unit in exceptional circumstances. Please note this is at the discretion of the CPD Unit.
Any special requirements ?
If you have any allergies, dietary requirements or access requirements please state this on your registration form and every effort will be made to accommodate your needs on the day. Our catering department is fully able to provide for any dietary requirements if notified in advance.
Are course notes provided?
Comprehensive printed course notes are provided for all our onsite courses as part of the registration fee. Course notes for our e-CPD online courses are available to download.
Is accommodation available in the halls of residence?
Onsite accommodation (subject to availability) is situated on campus within the Conference facilities. Please find details here
Is there B&B accommodation nearby?
Yes - there are hotels, guest houses and B&B’s near the college, all usually within 10 minutes drive time. A recommended list is available here
How do I get there?
Please see ‘Find us' for details of how to get to the Hawkshead Campus.