Who can attend RVC CPD courses?
Our courses cater for veterinarians and veterinary nurses. We also run the administration for the Equine Referral Hospital's horse owners lectures. Courses on our website are classified in categories for your convenience.
Alternatively you can fill in a registration form (downloadable below) and email to: email@example.com, post to: CPD Unit, The Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Herts., AL9 7TA or fax to +44(0)1707 666877.
You may also call us on +44(0)1707 666865 and we can complete a registration form with you and take credit/debit card payment over the phone
If you are booking within one month of the course start date, please check avaiability on our website or contact us by phone +44(0)1707 666865 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure there are places still available prior to sending your form.
- Yes - you may provisionally book a place on any course up to two weeks prior to the course start date (bookings made within two weeks of the course start date must be paid for in full at the time of booking).
- Provisional bookings are not confirmed until full payment is received
- Payment is expected by four weeks prior to the course start date.
- If the course is approaching full capacity we will make every effort to contact you to confirm your registration and may ask for payment in full at that time if you wish to guarantee your place on the course.
When should I confirm my place?
You will be asked to confirm your place at least two weeks before the course unless the course is approaching full capacity before this time. If you know that you no longer require a provisional place please contact the CPD Unit as soon as possible to release your provisional booking.
Are the course numbers limited?
Many of our courses have limited numbers, particularly those with practical sessions and our e-CPD (online) courses. Therefore to avoid disappointment, particularly if booking within one month of the course start date, please check course availability by contacting us (+44(0)1707666865, email@example.com). Every effort is made to update the RVC website when a course is sold out.
Should I reserve a place first?
You may reserve a place first to avoid disappointment should the course become sold out due to limited numbers accepted (see ‘Can I provisionally hold a place before confirming attendance?’ As above).
When is the latest I can register for a course?
Registration for a CPD course can be made up until the course start date subject to course availability. However, registrations made within two weeks of a course start date must be paid for in full at the time of booking (debit/credit or bank transfer only). If you do wish to register within 2 weeks of the course start date please contact us (+44(0)1707 666865, firstname.lastname@example.org) to ascertain course availability.
How can I pay for the CPD course?
We can accept payment in a variety of ways;
- Book online – you can book all our CPD courses online. With recorded webinars and recorded Webinar Plus book online to receive instant access!
- Cheque – please post along with your registration form. Cheques to be made payable to “The Royal Veterinary College”
- Credit/Debit card – please complete details on the registration form and post or fax this form to us (please do not email it as this is less secure). Most credit and debit cards are accepted (please note we are unable to accept American Express).
- Bank Transfer - Details of our bank account will be given on request along with an invoice when your completed registration form is received. We can invoice your practice provided that the start date for the course is at least 8 weeks from the time of booking and we are given full contact details for the practice manager.
- Call us on +44(0)1707 666865 and we can complete a registration form with you and take credit/debit card payment or details to invoice over the phone.
Do I have to pay in full at the time of booking?
Places on courses can be provisionally booked without payment. Payment in full is expected by two weeks prior to the course, unless other arrangements have been made with the CPD Unit in exceptional circumstances. Bookings remain provisional until full payment is received.
When is the latest I can pay?
- For UK Residents full payment is required two weeks before a course start date (payment is expected four weeks from the issue of any invoice).
- For European and International residents payment must be received with the completed registration form at the time of booking.
- You may apply for a place on a CPD course at any time before the start date if places are still available. However, payment must be received in full at the time of booking if registration is within 2 weeks of the course start date. We would strongly advise that if you are contemplating making a booking within two weeks of the start date you contact the CPD unit (+44(0)1707 666865 or email@example.com) to ascertain if places are still available on the course.
Are any discounts available?
RVC Alumni get 20% discount and discounts are available for RVC CertAVP candidates - call us to check what you may be entitled to.
Can a Registered Charity get a discount?
Discounts are not available to charities.
Do I have to pay VAT?
RVC CPD courses are VAT Exempt.
Can I pay on the day?
No, full payment must be received before the start date of the course.
Can I pay part of the course fee now and part later?
Payment is expected in full unless specific arrangements have been made with the CPD Unit in exceptional circumstances. Please note this is at the discretion of the CPD Unit.
Any special requirements ?
If you have any allergies, dietary requirements or access requirements please state this on your registration form and every effort will be made to accommodate your needs on the day. Our catering department is fully able to provide for any dietary requirements if notified in advance.
Are course notes provided?
Comprehensive printed course notes are provided for all our onsite courses as part of the registration fee. Course notes for our e-CPD online courses are available to download or for some courses a printed version is available upon request (included in the registration fee). If you are unable to attend a course but would like to read the material provided by the tutors, course notes may be purchased (subject to availability) for all courses. Prices start from £35 plus postage & packaging. Please contact the CPD Unit to check availability and cost of any particular notes
Is accommodation available in the halls of residence?
Onsite accommodation (subject to availability) is situated on campus within the Conference facilities. There are a number of hotels, guesthouses and B&B’s near the college, all usually within a 10 minute drive time. Details of both will be sent with your course booking confirmation..
Is there B&B accommodation nearby?
Yes - there are hotels, guest houses and B&B’s near the college, all usually within 10 minutes drive time. A recommended list is supplied on request.
How do I get there?
Please see ‘Find us' for details of how to get to the Hawkshead Campus.