The Royal Veterinary College (RVC) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Seneca College in Toronto, Canada to provide its students with new pathways to studying at the RVC.
The signing took place at Seneca’s King Campus between Stuart Reid, Principal of the RVC, and David Agnew, President of Seneca College.
The MOU marks the start of a new partnership that will provide Veterinary Technician (VTE) students at Seneca with enhanced pathways to enable them to study on the RVC’s Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine course. It will also involve annual visits by RVC staff to Seneca’s King Campus in order give talks to VTE students on the opportunities the pathways offer.
Looking ahead, the two universities will also explore the possibility of a bridging programme to further support Seneca students continuing their studies at the RVC.
The partnership has been set up in response to the many Seneca alumni who have gone on to the RVC to continue their veterinary studies over the past few years.
The RVC is ranked number one globally for veterinary science by the QS World University Rankings. Its courses have an international appeal and students go on to become veterinarians, research scientists, veterinary nurses, and leaders in industry and government.Seneca’s VTE program aligns well with the RVC as it also offers affiliations with industry associations and career opportunities in hospitals, government, wildlife services and more.
Stuart Reid, Principal of the RVC, commented: “We have been developing this partnership with Seneca since 2017 and it is great to see it come together so successfully. We look forward to continued collaboration between our organisations to the benefit of our students and animal health.”
“This is an excellent opportunity for students in our veterinary tech program to further explore their passion at a world-class leader in veterinary science and research,” said David Agnew, Seneca President.
Notes to Editors
For more information please contact:
- Alex Cassells (email@example.com) or Ploy Radford (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Press Line: 0800 368 9520
About the RVC
- The Royal Veterinary College (RVC) is the UK's largest and longest established independent veterinary school and is a constituent College of the University of London.
- The RVC offers undergraduate, postgraduate and CPD programmes in veterinary medicine, veterinary nursing and biological sciences.
- It is currently the only veterinary school in the world to hold full accreditation from AVMA, EAEVE, RCVS and AVBC.
- In 2017, the RVC received a Gold award from the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) – the highest rating a university can receive.
- A research-led institution, the RVC maintained its position as the top veterinary institution in the Research Excellence Framework (2014), with 79% of its submission being rated as world-class or internationally excellent.
- The College also provides animal owners and the veterinary profession with access to expert veterinary care and advice through its teaching hospitals: the Beaumont Sainsbury Animal Hospital in central London, the Queen Mother Hospital for Animals (Europe's largest small animal referral centre), the Equine Referral Hospital and the Farm Animal Clinical Centre located at the Hertfordshire campus.