Royal Veterinary College ranked top for teaching among all UK universities in the National Student Survey
The Royal Veterinary College (RVC) has been ranked joint fourth at institutional level for overall student satisfaction, and first for teaching out of all UK universities in the National Student Survey (NSS) 2018, with 93% of final year students at the RVC satisfied with how their courses were taught.
The result also placed the RVC as the highest ranked stand-alone specialist institution for overall student satisfaction. At subject level, a creditable 95% of the flagship five-year veterinary programme were satisfied, ranking third at subject level nationally, and 100% of BSc Veterinary Nursing students said they were satisfied with the quality of their course.
Over 320,000 university students across the UK took part in this year’s NSS survey, which is made up of 27 questions covering teaching, learning opportunities, assessment and feedback, academic support, organisation and management, and student voice among other topics. Students are also asked to give their university an overall satisfaction score.
Professor Stuart Reid, Principal of the RVC, said: “This year’s NSS rankings once again highlight our commitment to the student body and the learning opportunities we offer. It is a testament to the hard work and collegiate approach of both staff and students as we strive, together, to make a good thing better. We are delighted with the results, coming as they do in addition to our TEF Gold, and we are encouraged in our mission to deliver the highest levels of student satisfaction.”
Notes to Editors For more information please contact: Alex Cassells or Ploy Radford Press Line: 0800 368 9520
About the Royal Veterinary College
- The Royal Veterinary College (RVC) is the UK's largest and longest established independent veterinary school and is a constituent College of the University of London.
- The RVC offers undergraduate, postgraduate and CPD programmes in veterinary medicine, veterinary nursing and biological sciences. It is currently the only veterinary school in the world to hold full accreditation from AVMA, EAEVE, RCVS and AVBC. In 2017, the RVC received a Gold award from the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) – the highest rating a university can receive.
- A research-led institution, in the most recent Research Excellence Framework (REF2014) the RVC maintained its position as the top HEFCE funded veterinary focused research institution.
- The RVC ranked as the top vet school in the Agriculture, Veterinary and Food Science unit of the most recent Research Assessment Exercise, with 55% of academics producing world-class and internationally excellent research.
- The College also provides animal owners and the veterinary profession with access to expert veterinary care and advice through its teaching hospitals; the Beaumont Sainsbury Animal Hospital in central London, the Queen Mother Hospital for Animals (Europe's largest small animal referral centre), the Equine Referral Hospital, and the Farm Animal Clinical Centre located at the Hertfordshire campus.
You may also be interested in:
Empowerment Personified: RVC appoints new Director and Deputy of Veterinary Nursing ahead of Vet Nursing Awareness Month
Ahead of Vet Nursing Awareness Month (VNAM) beginning the 1st May, the Royal Veterinary College ( …