Department: Clinical Sciences and Services
Clinical Groups: Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care
Stefano is a Lecturer in Emergency and Critical Care, co-director of the Renal Replacement Service
Stefano graduated at the University of Perugia in 2006 and after two years in private practice in Rome he then performed a rotating internship at the Animal Health Trust. He became American Specialist in Emergency and Critical Care in 2014 following a residency in ECC at the RVC and is also European and RCVS Recognised Specialist in ECC.
Stefano is focusing his research on coagulopathy associated with trauma and Acute Kidney Injury in dogs and cats.
- Ultrasonography in the diagnosis and management of cats with ureteral obstruction. Lamb CR, Cortellini S, Halfacree Z.. J Feline Med Surg. 2018 Jan;20(1):15-2
- Comparison of ultrasonographic findings in cats with and without azotaemia. Lamb CR, Dirrig H, Cortellini S. J Feline Med Surg. 2017 Oct 1
- Magnetic resonance imaging and clinical findings in carbon monoxide intoxication in dogs. A case series. Kolecka M, von Pückler K, De Decker S, Cortellini S, Wurtinger G, Schmidt MJ. Tierarztl Prax Ausg K Kleintiere Heimtiere. 2017 Feb 9;45(1):40-45
- 'New Forest syndrome': first pieces of the puzzle. Cortellini S, Humm K. Vet Rec. 2015 Apr 11;176(15):382-3.
- Neutrophil Gelatinase-Associated Lipocalin in Dogs With Sepsis Undergoing Emergency Laparotomy: A Prospective Case-Control Study. Cortellini S, Pelligand L, Syme H, Chang YM, Adamantos S. J Vet Intern Med. 2015 Nov-Dec;29(6):1595-602.
- Plasma lactate concentrations in septic peritonitis: A retrospective study of 83 dogs (2007-2012). Cortellini S, Seth M, Kellett-Gregory LM. J Vet Emerg Crit Care (San Antonio). 2015 May-Jun;25(3):388-95