Dr Stefano Cortellini
Department: Clinical Science and Services
Research Groups: Cardiovascular and Renal Biology, CPCS (Research Programme)
Clinical Groups: Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care
Stefano is a Lecturer in Emergency and Critical Care and is the Co-director of the Renal Replacement Service
Stefano graduated at the University of Perugia in 2006 and after two years in private practice in Rome he then performed a rotating internship at the Animal Health Trust. He became American Specialist in Emergency and Critical Care in 2014 following a residency in ECC at the RVC and is also European and RCVS Recognised Specialist in ECC. Stefano is co-director of the Renal Replacement service.
Stefano is part of the European Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care College as Member-at-Large.
Stefano is focusing his research on coagulopathy associated with trauma and Acute Kidney Injury in dogs and cats.
- Successful treatment of canine acute respiratory distress syndrome secondary to inhalant toxin. Greensmith TD, Cortellini S. J Vet Emerg Crit Care, 2018 28 (5): 469-475
- The use of a modified thromboelastography assay for detection of hyeprfibrinolysis in a dog infected with Angiostrongylus vasorum. Cole L., Barfield D.M, Chan D.L and Cortellini S. Veterinary Record Case reports. 2018
- Ultrasonography in the diagnosis and management of cats with ureteral obstruction. Lamb CR, Cortellini S, Halfacree Z.. J Feline Med Surg. 2018 Jan;20(1):15-2
- Description of the Use of Plasma Exchange in Dogs With Cutaneous and Renal Glomerular Vasculopathy. Skulberg R., Cortellini S.,Chan D. et al. Front Vet Sci. 2018 Jul 19;5:161
- Investigating and managing abdominal trauma. Cortellini S and Humm K. Vet Record 2018, 182(8): 228-229
- Abdominal trauma. Part 2 Management. Cortellini S and Humm K. In practice, 2018, 40: 2-10
- Abdominal trauma in dogs.Part 1 Emergency investigation. Humm K. and Cortellini S. In practice, 2017, 39: 434-445.
- Comparison of ultrasonographic findings in cats with and without azotaemia. Lamb CR, Dirrig H, Cortellini S. J Feline Med Surg. 2017 Oct 1
- Magnetic resonance imaging and clinical findings in carbon monoxide intoxication in dogs. A case series. Kolecka M, von Pückler K, De Decker S, Cortellini S, Wurtinger G, Schmidt MJ. Tierarztl Prax Ausg K Kleintiere Heimtiere. 2017 Feb 9;45(1):40-45
- 'New Forest syndrome': first pieces of the puzzle. Cortellini S, Humm K. Vet Rec. 2015 Apr 11;176(15):382-3.
- Neutrophil Gelatinase-Associated Lipocalin in Dogs With Sepsis Undergoing Emergency Laparotomy: A Prospective Case-Control Study. Cortellini S, Pelligand L, Syme H, Chang YM, Adamantos S. J Vet Intern Med. 2015 Nov-Dec;29(6):1595-602.
- Plasma lactate concentrations in septic peritonitis: A retrospective study of 83 dogs (2007-2012). Cortellini S, Seth M, Kellett-Gregory LM. J Vet Emerg Crit Care (San Antonio). 2015 May-Jun;25(3):388-95