Contract Research Services
The Royal Veterinary College actively collaborates with business and industry to progress science and develop new technologies. This ensures that our world-class scientific and clinical knowledge and expertise are used to improve the lives of humans and animals.
The contract research unit represents a team of experienced project managers dedicated to providing access to a range of services for both animal and human health related companies, ranging from small biotechnology to large pharmaceutical as well as pet nutrition companies.
We offer full study design and management and include feed trials, the provision of animal models and animal husbandry as part of our services. All stages of pre-clinical and clinical product development are supported within the regulatory and non-regulatory environment.
Why choose RVC’s contract research services?
- We enable access to academic and clinical expertise within the specialist areas of biomedical and veterinary science
- We work alongside the RVC’s Clinical Investigation Centre, which allows the testing of new therapies in dogs and cats with naturally occurring disease as potentially comparative models to humans, thereby benefiting both species
- We accommodate large as well as small animal models
- We tailor our services according to your individual requirements and can provide high quality animal facilities, cared for and run by the college’s expert technical staff
- We take ownership of projects and understand the importance of timely and efﬁcient communication as well as reporting at all stages of the process
- High standards of service are underpinned by the RVC’s reputation for animal welfare
- We have on-site access to the RVC’s Therapeutic Drug Monitoring Service, as well as the Bioanalysis Centre for a range of sample analyses