Department: Clinical Science and Services
Vicki is Lecturer in Exotics Species and Small Mammal Medicine and Surgery at the Royal Veterinary College in Camden
Vicki qualified from Liverpool Vet School in 2005 and has since worked in first opinion and referral exotics practices in the UK and overseas. She obtained the RCVS Diploma in Zoological Medicine in 2014 and became an RCVS Recognised Specialist in Zoo and Wildlife Medicine in 2016.
Vicki joined the RVC Exotics team in 2016 as an Exotics lecturer and clinican at the Beaumont Sainbury Animal Hospital in Camden.
Baldrey, V. (2017) Orchiectomy of a Cape porcupine (Hystrix africaeaustralis). Veterinary Record Case Reports. 5(3)
Baldrey, V. & Panto, B. (2017). How to perform a vasectomy in a domestic ferret (Mustela putorius furo). Companion Animal. 22. 233-237
Davendralingam, N., Davagnanam, I., Stidworthy, MF., Baldrey, V., Peters, LM., Stapleton, N. (2017) Transmission of Mycobacterium xenopi to a pet albino ferret (Mustela putorius furo) from a domestic aquarium. The Veterinary Record 181 (7)
Baldrey, V. and Ashpole I. (2012) Interpretation of Exotic animal blood profiles. Part One: Obtaining a sample. The Veterinary Times 42.39
- Baldrey, V. and Ashpole I. (2012) Interpretation of Exotic animal blood profiles. Part Two: Avians. The Veterinary Times 42.42
- Baldrey, V. and Ashpole I. (2012) Interpretation of Exotic animal blood profiles. Part Three: Reptiles. The Veterinary Times 42.45
- Baldrey, V. and Ashpole I. (2012) Interpretation of Exotic animal blood profiles. Part Four: Small mammals. The Veterinary times. 42.49
- Baldrey, V., Verghese, R., Wernery, U., and Bailey, T. (2012) Acute phase proteins in three healthy antelope species. The Veterinary Record Volume 170. No. 2
- Baldrey, V., Bailey, T., Gough, S., Hyland, K., Robinson, D. and Baverstock, W. (2012) Intestinal shell impactions in rehabilitated Hawksbill turtles (Etremochelys Imbricata) in the UAE. Wildlife Middle East News Vol 6 Issue 2&3
Vicki is involved in teaching in the clinical environment for undergraduate students at the Beaumont Sainsbury Animal Hospital. She also teaches on the BVetMed and VN course, the MSc(WAH) and BSc WAB module. She has lectured at continuing professional development meetings and conferences across the UK in the field of exotic pet medicine.
Vicki's clinical interests include avian medicine and surgery and wildlife medicine.