Details about accommodation, including an application form, can be found attached to the confirmation email you will be sent after applying.

For further information about accommodation please contact (or phone 020 7468 5147).

All biosciences courses are taught primarily at the Camden Campus*. Therefore, as a first-year student, you will probably want to live in London. Halls are a fantastic way to meet new students who are all in the same situation as you.

If you do not wish to stay in our hall, or you don't want to live in the city, there are various rail links to both Euston and King's Cross stations so you can easily travel in from the commuter belt.

Private accommodation

If living in halls doesn’t appeal to you, privately rented accommodation can be found all over London.

However, there are pros and cons to this arrangement. You will be able to live by your own rules (although preferably within the landlord’s!) but things can be tricky if you have problems with a challenging landlord, or other tenants. It’s up to you of course, but most students usually consider living in private accommodation after their first year, once they’ve got a feel for the place and know who they want to live with.

University of London Housing Services (ULHS) maintain a landlord registration scheme, operates a contact list for students offering or wanting accommodation, and assists with tenancy agreement, deposit and rent queries. It supplies a Tenancy Agreement Pack for most self-contained accommodation, a Licence Pack for accommodation with a resident landlord, and lists of registered accommodation agencies, hostels and inexpensive hotels.

University of London Housing Services
4th Floor Student Central
Malet Street, London WC1E 7HY
Telephone: 020 7862 8880 Email:

* Year 3 of BSc Animal Biology, Behaviour, Welfare & Ethics) is largely taught at our Hawkshead Campus in Hertfordshire.

Top of page