Welcome to the RVC Advice Centre Money Matters webpages.

These pages and the resources in them are here to help you plan and manage your finances as effectively as possible while studying to make sure your time here is enjoyable as well as academically fulfilling!  

If you are thinking of studying at the RVC but unsure of the funding available to you, please visit our Fees and Funding pages.

If you are a UK or EU student considering studying on the Accelerated BVetMed or the 5 year BVetMed and you already have a degree, please read our guide:  Veterinary Medicine as a Second Degree

For students who are estranged from (not in contact with) parents, attending university can be a particularly daunting process and accessing the full funding you are entitled to can be tricky.

This guide offers information about student finance for estranged students. It gives information and advice on the documents you will need to send to Student Finance England or Wales to confirm you are irreconcilably estranged (not in contact with and extremely unlikely to get back in contact with) from your family. 

We also suggest you contact the Money & Welfare Adviser when you start at the college so we can provide support and make sure you are receiving the correct funding during your studies.  E-mail moneymatters@rvc.ac.uk to make an appointment or if you have any questions before you join the RVC.

If you have questions about funding or finances that are not answered on these pages, please contact Shelley Revell, Money & Welfare Adviser, moneymatters@rvc.ac.uk.

Emergency Funding

If you are experiencing immediate financial difficulties, debt problems or you don't have enough money for food, it's important you access support from the correct services. Some of the services below will be able to advise you on where to go to access emergency payments or food banks in your local area:

Citizens Advice: Offer a range of financial and consumer advice and support along side benefit and debt advice services. Find your local Citizens Advice office to meet with someone face to face.

Money Advice Service:  The government's website with a raft of information and guidance on how and where to access support including help with taking control of your debt.

Step Change Debt Charity: What to do if you need emergency help with money and food

National Debt Line: Help if you become homeless

Top of page