How to use the Website
- How do I browse the shop?
You can browse our shop by selecting product categories from the menu on the left hand side of the page or by selecting from the images of the product categories.
- Once you click on a product category all the products in that category will be displayed.
- Click on a product to see further information on it.
- Click on the product image or Larger Image button to see the image of the product at closer quarters.
- How do I place an item I want to buy in my shopping cart?
When you are viewing the individual product you want to buy select the number of items you require then click the green Add To Cart button. This will then show you all the items in your cart at the top of the page until you click away from the page. Repeat the process to add more items to your shopping basket.
- How do I see what items are in my shopping basket?
At any time click on the View Basket button at the top of the screen to see exactly what products are in your shopping basket.
- How can I remove items from my shopping basket?
Click on the shopping cart icon and click the red cross next to the items you wish to remove. If you wish to increase a quantity of a product, update the quantity field and click the "update all" button.
- How do I go to the checkout?
Simply click on the shopping trolley icon at the top right hand corner of the screen to view or edit your basket. Once you are happy with your selection please click "proceed to checkout" and you will be guided through the checkout process. You will be given the opportunity to add a donation at the chckout. If you have not shopped with us before September 2013 you will be asked to complete a short signup process before moving to the checkout.
- How do I know what size I am for clothing?
There is sizing information for each item of clothing in the item description
- What if I can't find what I'm looking for?
Please contact us on email@example.com or 01707 666314
- I'd like to make a general donation; how can I do this?
Simply click on "Donations" which is at the left hand side of the screen. Once you have clicked on Donations you will be able to select a donation destination and amount to add to your Shopping Cart like a normal product.
- What is Gift Aid?
If you are a UK taxpayer, make your donation worth almost a quarter more at no extra cost to you! Gift Aid means that for every £1 you give, we can claim up to 25p back from the Inland Revenue. This means that your donation of £10 can be worth up to £12.50 and it doesn't cost you a penny more!You must pay an amount of UK Income Tax and/or UK Capital Gains Tax in each tax year at least equal to the tax that the Animal Care Trust will claim from the Government on your Gift Aid donations.
1. Please notify us if you change your name or address, or if your circumstances change and you no longer pay sufficient tax.
2. You can cancel the declaration at any time by notifying us and we will cease to reclaim tax from your donations.
3. If you pay Income Tax at the higher rate you can claim further tax relief in your Self-Assessment tax return.
4. If you have any questions about Gift Aid please phone us on 01707 666237.
- How do I complete a declaration so I'm eligible for Gift Aid?
Please click here to complete a Gift Aid form.
- Can you claim Gift Aid on my donations?
If you have not yet made a Gift Aid declaration to the Animal Care Trust, please click here
- Can you claim Gift Aid on my other purchases?
No, as you are purchasing a product which has a value attached to it we are unable to claim Gift Aid on purchases from our shop.
For more information about Gift Aid please follow the link: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/individuals/giving/gift-aid.htm
Delivery of goods
- What if I want the delivery address to be different to the invoice address?
After proceeding to the checkout page, click the box which follows the text: "If you want the delivery address to be different from the invoice address, please check" A tick will appear in the box which means later on you’ll have an option to specify an invoice address and then a separate delivery address.
- How can I cancel my order?
We strive to process your order as soon as possible after receiving it to ensure that you can receive your goods quickly. If you decide after submitting your order (by post, phone or online) that you would like to cancel it, please call 01707 666314 within 24 hours for a refund of the entire purchase price and the cost of standard postage, as long as you refuse delivery and “Return to Sender” when the order arrives, otherwise you will be liable for postage costs. If you do not call within 24 hours to cancel, unfortunately we will not be able to refund your postage charges.
- What are the shipping and handling costs and where do you deliver to?
In order to cover the cost of packing and delivery, a charge of £3.50 is made on all UK orders. All UK items are sent via Royal Mail second class post. If you are a student or a member of staff at the RVC, you can also select internal shipping free of charge and collect your item from the Hawkshead or Camden Postroom once it has been processed. An email will be sent to you to let you know once it has been dispatched (please allow 48 hours before attempting to collect). Delivery outside the UK is £10 per order up to £20 and £15 for orders over £20.
- How long will my order take to arrive?
Goods will normally be received within 5 working days (addresses outside of the UK mainland will take longer) provided items are in stock but please allow up to 14 days in case we, or the postal services, are exceptionally busy Please allow enough time for any onward postage of cards and gifts and order early to avoid disappointment.
- When do I need to order by to get my goods in time for Christmas?
Last order date for Christmas delivery is Tuesday 17 December 2019
- Can I change my delivery address after I have placed my order?
The Animal Care Trust strives to process your order after Checkout so you can receive your goods as soon as possible. If you want to change your delivery address please call our order line on 01707 666314 within 24 hours and we’ll do our best to assist you.
- Does my order need to be signed for?
Our deliveries are made by Royal Mail second class post so ideally someone needs to be available to receive the package but it will not require a signature.
- What if I’m out when the goods are delivered?
If delivery is not successful the item will be left at the local Royal Mail depot for you to collect. Full details of the location of the depot will be detailed on a card posted through your door by Royal Mail.
- Will all my items be delivered together?
Your order may be sent in separate parcels depending on the size and weight of the items ordered and also stock availability.
Payment of goods
- Why have I been transferred to Worldpay to make my payment?
We use WorldPay to process all credit card and debit card payments made through our website. Payments are collected using WorldPay's secure web servers, allowing you to shop online safely and with confidence. We do not have direct access to your credit/debit card details, and no such details are therefore stored by us.
What is WorldPay?
WorldPay is a leading provider of electronic payment processing solutions. WorldPay operate in over 40 countries and is a major global leader in payment processing. WorldPay pioneered online payments for small and medium sized businesses, processing millions of online payments every day with an effective, secure service and allowing you to make your online payment with complete peace of mind.
- What credit cards do you take?
You can pay online with most major credit and debit cards. Depending on your bank you may be asked to verify your payment online for security reasons. You can pay with the following Cards: Visa, Visa Debit, Mastercard, Solo, Maestro & Visa Electron.
- How do I know my payment is secure?
An image of a padlock will appear on your computer screen, (by your internet browser) indicating that your payment is secure.
- How long will you hold my card details for?
We do not retain your payment card details after your purchase has been completed. For orders received by post or phone, we destroy these card details after processing your order.
Any items that you are not satisfied with, we will be happy to offer an exchange or refund for items returned unused in their original packaging (excluding delivery charge, unless the item is faulty). Refunds will be made back to the debit/credit card used for the original transaction.
Please let us know within 30 days of delivery by contacting us on 01707 669306 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of returning non-faulty items. If you are based on the Hawkshead campus, please pop in to see us (we are based in the Old Gym, Clinical Block) and we will be happy to discuss any returns with you in person.