Applying for funding to support research is an important part of academic life and an essential skill for career progression. It can, however, be difficult to achieve this as a contract researcher with limited time and because many funding bodies require the principal investigator (PI) to have a long-term contract.
The RVC and Researcher Association aim to provide support for contract researchers to apply for funding and develop grant writing skills in a number of ways by:
- Running regular grant writing workshops.
- Providing departmental mentors and advisors.
- Encouraging contract researchers to apply as named co-applicants with PIs.
- Allowing contract researchers to apply for the College’s internal grant scheme.
- Sharing example grant applications.
- Providing internal feedback on grant applications to external funding bodies.
More information about Fellowship calls and training can be found on our intranet webpage and mailing list.