Research Leavers – Next Destinations
The RVC is committed to upholding the principles of The Concordat to support the career development of researchers, and demonstrating that a wide variety of career paths are open to researchers. The ability to move between different paths is key to a successful career.
As well as producing Case Studies, which highlight career progression, we would also like to share ‘Next Destination’ information of previously employed research staff, which highlights opportunities for your own career development and the possible career direction options.
In the period January 2016 to June 2018, 78 contract researchers left the College's employment and their leaving destinations were as follows:
- 7 people registered as a student
- 8 people returned to the RVC
- 1 person became self-employed
- 11 people started working in a higher education institution
- 6 people started working in a research institute (public)
- 2 people started working in another education institution
- 1 person started working in another public sector organisation
- 4 people started working in the private sector
- 2 people started working in the voluntary sector
- 18 people are not in regular employment
- 18 people did not specify where they were going.