As part of the College's commitment to the Concordat on Openness, we are now starting to publish non-technical summaries of our Home Office project licences on the website. These summaries aim to show the scope of the work being carried out at the College, as well as steps being taken to minimise harms to the animals and to use alternatives.
This will be an ongoing project.
- Detecting bladder volume and pressure from sacral nerve signals in sheep
- Identification of critical factor(s) required for optimised embryo development
- Improving control of poultry diseases
- Mechanisms of skeletal repair and pain
- Molecular regulation of development
- Production of antibodies, antisera and blood products
- Respiratory Pharmacology
- Studies to investigate laminitis predisposition
- Study to improve the stunning of birds
- Targeting G protein coupled receptors for the treatment of human disease
- Tendon homeostasis, injury and repair
- Testing therapies for neuromuscular diseases
- Translational pharmacology for drug discovery
- Using developing zebrafish to understand disease and develop therapies