Users can easily identify who’s available and on which channel (voice – video), so questions and information can be directed to the right person and instant responses received. Web, Audio and Video Conferences can be launched immediately, knowing the required participants are available, and users can move quickly between applications and channels, regardless of their location or device.
This insight means an employee’s time is optimised; no waiting for email replies, receiving out of office messages and no ignored calls or IM sessions without a response.
Skype for Business makes location irrelevant, providing a centralised platform that integrates channels such as Email, Voice, Video and Instant Messaging to deliver a cohesive communications experience that streamlines the flow of information.
The same rich functionality and security features are available for everyone, regardless of whether they are working from home, on the move or sitting at their office desk. Colleagues can be found and contacted easily, facilitating teamwork and collaboration by allowing a virtual connection for instant communication and sharing of desktops and other applications.
The SfB solution will be implemented with all of the following features:
- Instant Messaging (IM) and Presence
- Application or desktop sharing
- PowerPoint presentations sized to any supported device
- Peer to Peer voice and video
- Multiparty multimedia conferencing
- External access to audio conferencing and web based multi-media conferencing for external, none SfB users
- Remote user access with full support for mobile clients including Windows phones, Android phones, iPhones, iPads and tablets
- Federation with public instant messaging providers such as Skype as well as the ability to federate with any partner organisations who use SfB
- Voicemail to mailbox for telephony users
The video below shows Skype for Business on a range of devices.