- Please consider all forms of travel before using public transport. It is advisable to cycle, walk or drive to work if you are able to.
- It is advisable not to car share during the restrictions unless the other passengers are from the same household.
- If you need to travel by public transport, it is compulsory to wear a face covering during your journey to reduce the risks of COVID-19 to yourself and others.
- Try to avoid travelling at peak times where possible to avoid large crowds.
- When you reach the Campus please sanitise or wash your hands at the earliest opportunity to reduce the risks of transmission.
- Applications for campus parking spaces are running as normal.
Cycling to Campus
- Cycle parking is available on both campuses and we are currently reviewing the need for additional spaces
Hawkshead campus bus
The bus service will continue to operate but at a reduced frequency - see Hawkshead Bus Timetable (PDF). The service will continue to operate seven days a week to allow you to purchase essentials. Keep alert to timetable changes which will also be updated on the RVC app and the intranet
Staff Personal and Business Travel
If you are planning personal travel, you must consult Public Health England information pages before booking any travel to FCO-specified areas. When deciding whether to travel, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is my travel essential?
- What would the impact be for me if I need to self-quarantine for 14 days on return to the UK - or couldn’t return when planned due to airline/state travel restrictions?
- Am I more vulnerable to infection and could I be seriously affected by COVID-19?
- Does my travel insurance cover pandemic associated services and costs? (NB: The Association of British Insurers has issued Coronavirus Q&A but you will likely need to speak to your insurance company to check as this cover may depend on when your insurance was purchased and your travel booking made.)
Business travel for staff
Our policy has been updated to include guidelines about seeking approval for, and quarantining after, Business Travel overseas. Please find full details here.
Staff and students using public transport can find the latest information from TFL here. Please follow their safety guidelines and in particular: wear a mask, wash your hands when arriving at your destination, social distance and travel out of peak times if you can.