RVC on Tour 2008
Following the overwhelming success of the RVC on Tour 2007, September saw the RVC go back on the road visiting 10 locations around the UK: Devon, Cardiff, Hertfordshire, West Sussex, Kent, Peterborough, Derbyshire, North Yorkshire, Cumbria and Northumberland. These events allowed over 400 students, parents and teachers across the country to gain an insight into the courses and careers available in the veterinary field.
Each event offered informative talks on the pathways available in the veterinary profession as well as the opportunity to speak one-to-one with current RVC staff, students and recent graduates. In addition guests got the chance to carry out practical activities from our state-of-the-art Clinical Skills Centre, such as bandaging, gowning, gloving and attempting a one-handed tie.
Here’s a selection of what some of those 400 guests thought:
- ‘Many thanks again to you… for such comprehensive presentations and captivating activities.’
- ‘I feel the way this was run, the professionalism and friendliness of staff brilliant and the way the information was delivered was both interesting and informative. Thank you’
- ‘It really told me everything I wanted to know.’
- ‘Fantastic to be able to chat to the students, and get their perspective on aspects like applying, interviews, etc’
- ‘Everyone was very informative and helpful. I was given a lot of extra information about the university and courses. Most of my questions were answered by the presentation; but there were lots of people on hand to personally answer any other questions I had.’
- ‘All the advice I have been given is very useful, and the information was well presented. Everyone was really friendly and the RVC really appeals to me now. Thank you!’
- ‘Simply marvellous. A fantastic effort. Congratulations’
- ‘This was definitely informative and worthwhile. I have learnt a lot about the courses available and am now seriously considering applying/going into veterinary practice, whereas I was undecided before.’
- ‘Made me more aware of my current situation and how I can improve what I am doing to get onto the veterinary course of my choice.’
- ‘I never knew there were so many careers branching off from BVetMed. It was really interesting and definitely something I would consider more now that I’ve been here.
- ‘Brilliant presentation with lots of useful information including websites’
If you need more information, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or tel 020 7468 1257.
Reports from previous RVC On Tour events: