Livestock Health and Production
MSc | Diploma | Certificate
The modules are designed for self-study using materials provided and with full support from RVC academic experts. Everything you require will be mailed to you, including textbooks and reading material. A Virtual Learning Environment and an on-line library are also available.
Graduates are able to:-
- Improve the health and production of livestock.
- Understand the interaction of livestock with people and the environment.
- Gain an overview of the factors that influence livestock production (including components on nutrition, reproduction, disease, welfare and the environment).
- Implement control strategies by integrating this knowledge with the principles of epidemiology, economics and disease control within the context of management and infrastructure.
- Address the interaction between livestock and the public, in terms of zoonotic disease and clean food production.
- Communicate effectively on the health of animal and human populations to a range of audiences, including the general public, farmers, politicians and other key policy makers.
- Comprehensive appreciation of welfare and ethical issues connected with farm animal practice.
- Formulate a hypothesis and undertake a research project, analyze and present data and how to develop a grant application.
- How to Apply
- Fees & Funding
- Study Options
- Student Life
- Student Support
- Postgraduate Brochure “Your Vision”