Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme.
The Shared Scholarship Scheme is a joint initiative between the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (with funding from DFID), and UK universities, to support scholarships for students from developing Commonwealth countries who would not otherwise be able to study in the United Kingdom. The scheme is administered by the Association of Commonwealth Universities. Funding covers full costs of an award holder's study in the UK (fees) including airfares. No additional allowances are paid for spouses or other dependants.
For more information, please contact the
Courses eligible for the award:
In 2013/14, three awards are available to applicants for the MSc Wild Animal Health/Biology, MSc Control of Infectious Diseases in Animals and MSc Veterinary Epidimiology.
- be nationals of (or permanently domiciled in) a Commonwealth developing country, and not currently be living or studying in a developed country
- hold a first degree at either first or upper second class level
- be sufficiently fluent in English to pursue the course
- have not previously studied for one year or more in a developed country
- not be employed by a government department (at national level) or a parastatal organisation (employees of universities are normally acceptable, however)
- be willing to confirm that they will return to their home country as soon as their period of study is complete
- are themselves, or through their families, unable to pay to study in the UK.
- hold an offer of admission for either one of the eligible course at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
How to apply:
Candidates should first apply for their chosen MSc course at the Royal Veterinary College as only applicants with an offer of admission will be eligible for the Shared Scholarship awards. In addition candidates should submit a RVC DFID application form.
Deadline for receiving applications 15th March 2013.
More information about the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships Scheme can be found at
- How to Apply
- Fees & Funding
- Study Options
- Student Life
- Student Support
- Postgraduate Brochure “Your Vision”