See also Press Release Archive
- RVC Artist-in-Residence exhibition
22 July 2014
The RVC has marked the end of Geoffrey Harrison’s time as official Artist-in-Residence at the institution with an event showcasing his art and that of students and staff.
- Sir David Attenborough vists the RVC
22 July 2014
Sir David Attenborough toured the Structure & Motion Laboratory and met other staff at the Hawkshead Campus on 14 July 2014.
- Symposium on Animal Welfare and Behaviour
24 June 2014
The RVC hosted the 3rd CABI Symposium on Animal Welfare and Behaviour on 11 June.
- Animal Care Trust fundraiser visits the RVC
18 June 2014
Guy Blaskey, owner of Pooch & Mutt (dog health company), presents proceeds from his many charitable endeavours to the RVC's Animal Care Trust.
- Veterinary Medicine Technician of the Year
18 June 2014
Andrew Crook MBE named as the Higher Education Academy (HEA) Veterinary Medicine Technician of the Year 2014.
- National Teaching Fellowship award
12 June 2014
Kim Whittlestone, Senior Lecturer in Independent Learning becomes the LIVE Centre's third academic to be awarded a National Teaching Fellowship.
- Diversity in British Science
3 June 2014
An RVC academic is being featured in a Royal Society project about diversity in British science.
- Top three ranking for the RVC!
16 May 2014
The RVC has been ranked in the top three higher education institutions in the UK for the quality of staff and lectures in the THE Student Experience Survey.
- New specialist service for exotic pets
1 May 2014
The RVC's central London hospital has developed a specialist Exotic & Small Mammal service to support animals and their owners, referring vets and veterinary education.
- LIDC Fellowship Scheme
9 April 2014
Applications are open for London International Development Centre (LIDC) Fellowships, which enabled RVC researchers to travel to Malaysia last year.
- RVC experts explain human and animal health links on BBC
28 March 2014
Two RVC experts were recently interviewed by the BBC about the relationship between advancements veterinary science and in human medicine.
- RVC Postdocs at Parliament
27 March 2014
Postdoctoral researchers from the RVC have attended Parliament to present their research to politicians and leading experts in science, engineering and technology.
- New research into Post Weaning Multisystemic Wasting Syndrome
14 March 2014
Research led by the Royal Veterinary College has generated valuable insights into a disease that strikes a large number of animals and costs farmers millions of pounds.
- Fossil Wonderlands: Nature's Hidden Treasures
11 March 2014
Two RVC researchers feature in an episode of a new BBC Four series presented by palaeontologist Professor Richard Fortey.
- Secrets of Bones
24 February 2014
RVC experts feature in a new six part television series called Secrets of Bones, which is presented by a former RVC postgraduate student.
- RVC student to present at international colloquium
21 February 2014
Liz Starkey selected to present her research at the 7th International Colloquium on Working Equids in July 2014.
- Honour for ex-RVC Vice Principal
24 January 2014
Elaine Acaster received an OBE in the New Year Honours for services to higher education.
- RVC Artist-in-Residence
16 January 2014
RVC students and staff are being encouraged to look at veterinary life and education in different ways, by an Artist-in-Residence.
- RVC team wins at Biotech YES competition
10 December 2013
A team from the RVC has won an award for innovation in a prestigious biotechnology competition.
- Reducing the use of animals in research
5 December 2013
The RVC is one of a group of leading institutions awarded funding for projects progressing methods which reduce the use of animals in research.
- RVC student wins HSBC bursary
14 November 2013
Charlotte Norman, an RVC student, has won a bursary competition to support her veterinary studies.
- New Centre for Agriculture partnership announced
24 October 2013
A new collaboration between the University of Hertfordshire, the RVC, and Rothamsted Research.
- RVC join other London universities for exhibition in China
14 October 2013
RVC research featured at exhibition promoting London as a leading centre for international students.
- RVC Lectures in Southeast Asia
09 October 2013
Senior academics from the RVC deliver lectures to veterinary educators and practitioners from across Southeast Asia.
- Going Green
07 August 2013
RVC receives prestigious accreditation as a result of its commitment to the environment.
- RVC Graduation Day 2013
18 July 2013
This year's RVC graduates received their degrees on July 18 at our Graduation Day, which was held in Freemasons' Hall.
- Accreditation for RVC course from the Society of Biology
18 July 2013
The RVC's Bioveterinary Sciences BSc with a Certificate in Work-Based Learning and Research has received accreditation from the Society of Biology in the category of 'whole organism biology'.
- RVC and the Sutton Trust
15 July 2013
The RVC has been approved as a “core member” of the Sutton Trust's Summer School Programme.
- RVC Success at TrekFest
5 July 2013
RVC team raise money for RCVS Trust by completing 54 mile trek over the Brecon Beacons.
- Presentation to Vivienne Heys
16 June 2013
Photograph presented to Viv Heys in recognition of her award of the British Empire Medal.
- BSc Bioveterinary Sciences 10th Anniversary
13 June 2013
A decade of RVC bioveterinary sciences alumni returned to the College on 10 June 2013 for an event celebrating the success of the the degree and the graduates.
- The Secret Life of the Cat
- (Horizon: BBC2, 13 June 9.00pm)
Fascinating insight into domestic cat behaviour as 50 cats are tracked using collars developed by the RVC's Structure & Motion Laboratory
- RVC and LSHTM Collaboration receives LIDC Funding
- 31 May 2013
"Does land use change influence macaque behaviour and interactions with humans: implications for infectious disease transmission"
- Independent guide ranks RVC as leading English vet school
- 07 May 2013
The Complete University Guide compares the RVC to the other six British institutions offering veterinary medicine degrees.
- RVC Principal announced as next RCVS junior Vice President
- 20 March 2013
The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS), which regulates the veterinary profession in the UK, has announced that RVC Principal Stuart Reid will become its junior Vice President from July.
- RVC sign progression agreement with City and Islington College
- 15 March 2013
Agreement paves the way for more local students on Extended BTEC Diploma and A-Level courses to progress to veterinary degrees.
- RVC Researcher wins award at European conference
- 15 March 2013
An RVC researcher working on a fatal childhood neurological disease, has won an oral presentation award at a European conference.
- ‘Alien’ – Prize winning photograph
- 13 March 2013
An image created by an RVC PhD student, in collaboration with staff at the University of London's School of Pharmacy, has won a competition.
- Online Veterinary Anatomy Museum (OVAM)
- 15 February 2013
Watch the video to find out what Mark Evans describes as the most exciting thing to happen in Veterinary Anatomy for the last 250 years...
- Hawkshead Campus Closed
- 21 January 2013
Due to the current weather and road conditions the Hawkshead campus is closed except for essential personnel.
- Undergraduate Research Team (URT) going to Madagascar
- 21 December 2012
The RVC URT commemorate their 50th year by going to Marovoay, Madagascar to investigate the prevalence and socio-economic consequences of African Swine Fever Virus, alongside the reported emerging resistance in ticks to acaricides in the region.
- Sefton immortalised in bronze
- 19 November 2012
A lifesize bronze of Sefton, the horse who was terribly injured in the bombing outrage at Hyde Park in July 1982 where four men and seven horses died, will be unveiled at Hawkshead in 2013.
- Bioveterinary Sciences ranked top animal science course in the UK
- 4 October 2012
An influential survey to help students decide where to study has ranked the RVC’s Bioveterinary Sciences degree as the top animal science course in the country.
- RVC Graduate Salaries in Top Five
- 21 September 2012
Graduates of the RVC are among the best paid in the UK, earning more than those who attended Cambridge and Oxford.
- Dr Andrew King interviewed on the Planet Earth Podcast
- 18 September 2012
Dr King explains how studies of fish shoals can shed light on human behaviour.
- Former Principal Lance Lanyon made Honorary Fellow of the RCVS
- 1 August 2012
Lance Lanyon has been made an honorary fellow of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeon (RCVS).
- RVC Graduation Day 2012
- 25 July 2012
This year's crop of RVC graduates received their degrees on July 25 2012 at our Graduation Day, which was held in Freemasons' Hall.
- Students and Shrimps in Indonesia
- 5 July 2012
An expedition of RVC students who travelled to Indonesia to support shrimp farmers and encourage sustainability have presented their experiences and findings to other members of the College.
- Fellows appointed
- 21 June 2012
THE RVC has made the College Council's former chairman Gillian Shephard a fellow and the chief veterinary officer (CVO) for Wales, Christianne Glossop, has become an honorary fellow.
- The Surveillance Advisory Group (SAG)
- 12 March 2012
Key messages from the 3rd SAG meeting on the 2nd February 2012
- Independent review to develop future surveillance model for England and Wales
- 12 January 2012
Professor Dirk Pfeiffer chairs the AHVLA Surveillance Advisory Group (SAG)
- RVC Animal Science degree recognised by the Society of Biology
- 30 September 2011
The RVC's BSc Bioveterinary Sciences has been successfully recognised by the Society of Biology's Degree Recognition Scheme.
- RVC Animal Science degree tops the league in recent NSS survey
- 30 September 2011
Results of the recently published National Student Survey (NSS) show that 100% of RVC students are satisfied with the quality of the BSc Bioveterinary Sciences degree.
- RVC wins Learning and Teaching Competition
- 12 September 2011
The RVC has won first place in Jorum's Learning and Teaching Competition with a resource produced by the College's eMedia Unit.
- RVC shortlisted for THE Award - 7 September 2011
The RVC has been shortlisted in the "Most Improved Student Experience" category of the Times Higher Education (THE) Awards 2011.
- Afternoon Anatomy hosts the BBC Asian Network - 2 March 2011
An RVC "Afternoon Anatomy" session for local schools featured on the the BBC Asian Network.
- RVC experts feature in Channel 4 science documentary - 22 June 2010
Revealing how big cats roar for Channel 4's "Inside Nature's Giants".
- Dr Sarah Baillie wins national award - 19 March 2010
Dr Sarah Baillie named as one of the six Women of Outstanding Achievement 2010.
See also Press Releases
The Royal Veterinary College
Established in 1791, the RVC is the UK’s longest-standing veterinary college—with a proud heritage of innovation in veterinary science, clinical practice and education.