- Independent guide ranks RVC as leading English vet school
- 07 May 2013
The Complete University Guide compares the RVC to the other six British institutions offering veterinary medicine degrees.
- RVC Principal announced as next RCVS junior Vice President
- 20 March 2013
The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS), which regulates the veterinary profession in the UK, has announced that RVC Principal Stuart Reid will become its junior Vice President from July.
- RVC sign progression agreement with City and Islington College
- 15 March 2013
Agreement paves the way for more local students on Extended BTEC Diploma and A-Level courses to progress to veterinary degrees.
- RVC Researcher wins award at European conference
- 15 March 2013
An RVC researcher working on a fatal childhood neurological disease, has won an oral presentation award at a European conference.
- ‘Alien’ – Prize winning photograph
- 13 March 2013
An image created by an RVC PhD student, in collaboration with staff at the University of London's School of Pharmacy, has won a competition.
- Online Veterinary Anatomy Museum (OVAM)
- 15 February 2013
Watch the video to find out what Mark Evans describes as the most exciting thing to happen in Veterinary Anatomy for the last 250 years...
- Hawkshead Campus Closed
- 21 January 2013
Due to the current weather and road conditions the Hawkshead campus is closed except for essential personnel.
- Undergraduate Research Team (URT) going to Madagascar
- 21 December 2012
The RVC URT commemorate their 50th year by going to Marovoay, Madagascar to investigate the prevalence and socio-economic consequences of African Swine Fever Virus, alongside the reported emerging resistance in ticks to acaricides in the region.
- Sefton immortalised in bronze
- 19 November 2012
A lifesize bronze of Sefton, the horse who was terribly injured in the bombing outrage at Hyde Park in July 1982 where four men and seven horses died, will be unveiled at Hawkshead in 2013.
- Bioveterinary Sciences ranked top animal science course in the UK
- 4 October 2012
An influential survey to help students decide where to study has ranked the RVC’s Bioveterinary Sciences degree as the top animal science course in the country.
- RVC Graduate Salaries in Top Five
- 21 September 2012
Graduates of the RVC are among the best paid in the UK, earning more than those who attended Cambridge and Oxford.
- Dr Andrew King interviewed on the Planet Earth Podcast
- 18 September 2012
Dr King explains how studies of fish shoals can shed light on human behaviour.
- Former Principal Lance Lanyon made Honorary Fellow of the RCVS
- 1 August 2012
Lance Lanyon has been made an honorary fellow of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeon (RCVS).
- RVC Graduation Day 2012
- 25 July 2012
This year's crop of RVC graduates received their degrees on July 25 2012 at our Graduation Day, which was held in Freemasons' Hall.
- Students and Shrimps in Indonesia
- 5 July 2012
An expedition of RVC students who travelled to Indonesia to support shrimp farmers and encourage sustainability have presented their experiences and findings to other members of the College.
- Fellows appointed
- 21 June 2012
THE RVC has made the College Council's former chairman Gillian Shephard a fellow and the chief veterinary officer (CVO) for Wales, Christianne Glossop, has become an honorary fellow.
- The Surveillance Advisory Group (SAG)
- 12 March 2012
Key messages from the 3rd SAG meeting on the 2nd February 2012
- Independent review to develop future surveillance model for England and Wales
- 12 January 2012
Professor Dirk Pfeiffer chairs the AHVLA Surveillance Advisory Group (SAG)
- RVC Animal Science degree recognised by the Society of Biology
- 30 September 2011
The RVC's BSc Bioveterinary Sciences has been successfully recognised by the Society of Biology's Degree Recognition Scheme.
- RVC Animal Science degree tops the league in recent NSS survey
- 30 September 2011
Results of the recently published National Student Survey (NSS) show that 100% of RVC students are satisfied with the quality of the BSc Bioveterinary Sciences degree.
- RVC wins Learning and Teaching Competition
- 12 September 2011
The RVC has won first place in Jorum's Learning and Teaching Competition with a resource produced by the College's eMedia Unit.
- RVC shortlisted for THE Award - 7 September 2011
The RVC has been shortlisted in the "Most Improved Student Experience" category of the Times Higher Education (THE) Awards 2011.
- Afternoon Anatomy hosts the BBC Asian Network - 2 March 2011
An RVC "Afternoon Anatomy" session for local schools featured on the the BBC Asian Network.
- RVC experts feature in Channel 4 science documentary - 22 June 2010
Revealing how big cats roar for Channel 4's "Inside Nature's Giants".
- Dr Sarah Baillie wins national award - 19 March 2010
Dr Sarah Baillie named as one of the six Women of Outstanding Achievement 2010.
See also Press Releases
The Royal Veterinary College
Established in 1791, the RVC is the UK’s longest-standing veterinary college—with a proud heritage of innovation in veterinary science, clinical practice and education.