Introduction to LISD
Delivering Library and IT/AV support functions, the Library and Information Services Division (LISD) strives to be at the forefront of information provision and learning facilities - via paper, electronic or audio visual means. Our Learning Resources Centres at Hawkshead and at Camden provide a wide range of facilities tailored to student's learning needs and continues to undergo upgrades and refurbishments to improve the user's experience.
As part of the Academic Support Department (ASD) we offer a wide range of services to students and staff. Our primary functions relate to the operation of the IT Helpdesk, AV, Library, Applications and Project teams who provide support and development to teaching, research and business activities within the College.
LISD provides the following services across the College:
- Library and Learning Resource Centres
- IT Helpdesk and Out of Hours IT support
- Audio Visual facilities and associated support
- Management Information and 'in house' applications
- IT Purchasing
- Data protection and Freedom of Information advice
- Assistive technology
- Archive and historical collection development