RVC Researchers and RVC Enterprise
RVC Research is Commercially Valuable
Relatively straightforward developments such as the generation of a new antibody or a model of disease may be of high interest to industry. Indeed, resources such as medical images or samples of biological materials may be of significant value to commercial partners.
More complex findings such as the identification of a new drug target, the design of a new medical instrument or clinical trial protocols are also likely to be of significant commercial value.
Additionally, RVC is an active provider of commercial consultancy. For example, many government agencies or pharmaceutical companies require the expert input on projects in fields such as food safety, herd health or clinical trials that can be provided by RVC academics.
It is normally the case that most commercial interactions have both academic and commercial benefits. For example, industrial collaborations frequently result in high quality journal publications and a new funding source for the academic laboratory.
RVC Enterprise's Role
RVC Enterprise links RVC researchers and clinicians to the commercial sector in order to maximise the impact of RVC's research and to allow commercial partners to develop beneficial new products and services which depend on RVC developed knowledge and skills.
We have substantial experience helping academic researchers to:
- Evaluate the commercial potential of their research
- Determine the ownership of intellectual property
- Work in partnership with patent professionals
- Develop proof of concept projects
- Find commercial partners for CASE studentships, FP7 projects or Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs)
- Negotiate industrial collaborations, contract research agreements and commercial consultancies
For further information please contact Patricia Latter (email: email@example.com)