What We Do
RVC Enterprise sits at the heart of RVC's successful commercial outreach activities. RVCE has several overlapping strands of activity:
- We promote, support and project manage interactions between RVC employed scientists and veterinary surgeons and industry
- We identify, protect and commercialise innovative work arising from RVC's leading edge research and teaching
- We provide a channel to development funding to support the progression of novel research towards the marketplace
- We deliver a programme of enterprise education to RVC students
- We work alongside the London BioScience Innovation Centre (LBIC); London's premier incubator for life-science companies
Meaningful innovation and knowledge transfer is achieved by the emphasis RVCE places on building sustainable working relationships between its faculty and industry. This approach, coupled with a broad knowledge of RVC expertise and ongoing research, allows us to help commercial partners to identify the resources they need to develop new products and services, and ultimately strengthen their businesses.
We have an excellent track record of company collaborations as well as significant licence deals with both multinational companies and SMEs (Small and Medium-sized Enterprises).
Innovation and knowledge transfer from RVC to industry are pivotal in underpinning its international reputation for improving the health and welfare of companion and leisure animals. We also work closely with the farming industry. Furthermore RVC's intellectual property has significant reach-through value in human healthcare.
We have also created a small portfolio of spin-out companies, based around novel RVC technologies. Through our activities with LBIC we have detailed knowledge of the requirements of bio-medical sector enterprises.
RVC is a uniquely valuable resource for all bio-medical sector businesses: RVCE looks forward to ensuring that these resources can be of optimal benefit.